oprah, so am i late to the party?

no. i think the street sign with a picture of an accordion with a line through ghat i saw says all that needs to be said about that culture.

and another urban myth that's likely true that i heard. couple has a dinner party. first guests, who are neighbors, leave about 10. 10:15 cops knock on the door stating the neighbors are complaining about the noise. could they keep it down?

never mentioned race. you did.

What do you think they were trying to say with a picture of an accordian with a line through it?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think they were trying to say with a picture of an accordian with a line through it?

um, no accordian playing allowed. polka's apparently are big there?

I too want the answer to this question.

All I have is:

"we don't like the French"

"we don't like accordians"

"this is a rock n roll town, you mincy little..."

um, no accordian playing allowed. polka's apparently are big there?

Well you are the one that has been around Zurich so much, have you noticed that there are street musicians with accordians? Do you think that maybe there are good reasons to have areas where street musicians are not allowed? So, based on seeing a sign with an accordian with a line through it and some urban mythe, you feel comfortable classifying a country negatively?

Well you are the one that has been around Zurich so much, have you noticed that there are street musicians with accordians? Do you think that maybe there are good reasons to have areas where street musicians are not allowed? So, based on seeing a sign with an accordian with a line through it and some urban mythe, you feel comfortable classifying a country negatively?

well, there was the guy that told me my shoe was touching the seat next me on the train and to stop. didn't like him much. so i could imagine his daughter or sister being nasty in some swank zurich store.

well, there was the guy that told me my shoe was touching the seat next me on the train and to stop. didn't like him much. so i could imagine his daughter or sister being nasty in some swank zurich store.

Birdog...reinforcing the Ugly American stereotype.

We should be more like Europe. They are so tolerant.

Because I've walked into many a store to see a high-priced item, only to be led to something lesser priced, not because of the color of my skin, but because of the clothes I was wearing, or I hadn't shaved in a few days, or usually both. I wll never forget having finally reached a point where I could unload my old car and buy a BMW 528. I went to the dealership on a weekday morning wearing jeans, old t-shirt, unshaven, worn Luchesse boots...the salesman promptly walked me over to the used car lot to look at a nice Camry with low mileage after letting me know how drastically high a 528 payment would be.

Not everything is race. Progressives like you and Oprah need to make it about race because your ideological mindset is so embarrassingly flawed.

Hehehe...I do this on purpose some days. I've walked into a bar, scruffy, wearing dirty jeans and flip flops and a Bills shirt on for many a Bills game. I'm there, I watch the game, interact with the bartenders, be as goofy as I am, etc. Then, after the game, I go home, clean up, eat something, and go back to the bar. Invariably, I freak the bartenders out, because I will mention something that was said earlier, and they demand to know how I know about it. They can't believe that I am the same person.

Anybody who's ever taken a class in behavior psychology know why this happens.

Nice!

When your political power is primarily based upon splitting the country into tiny demographic slices, and setting those slices against one another?

When you require a permanent underclass, to pander to, and then recieve votes in return?

(As in LBJ: "I'll have those n____s voting Democrat for the next 200 years!")

When you have been extorting money from the Federal government for decades, based on the lie that says some people are 100% for their behavior, while other people aren't?

Everything must be about race.

Ask yourself: Is Reilly Cooper personally responsible for his behavior? Is Trayvon Martin?

Got a couple of !@#$ing social scientists here on the board....

I swear I started by accident. Then, it was funny, so why not keep doing it?

My buddy has his fake summer teeth thing. They cost ~$100, but they are horrific(:lol: lulzy). His schtick is hilarious, and yet, interesting, to observe. People go out of their way to avoid him when he has those things in, and, and of course, he goes out of his way to get in their face when he is talking to them, and tries to find a way to talk to the entire bar. When we are leaving, and he takes them out, waves, and shows off his perfect sales guy smile? :lol:

That's his thing, I have my thing.

You will go to any length to defend your prejudices, won't you?

Nope. Just a couple of racists hatin' all them coloreds fer infiltratin' our lazy ass cracka world.

On the upside, so many progressives are yelling racist so often, it'll come to mean nothing by the mid-terms. The Oprah Rodeo Clown Season will go down as the season the term "racist" because just another liberal label that no one pays attention to...the Cindy Sheehan of labels, if you will.

Nope. Just a couple of racists hatin' all them coloreds fer infiltratin' our lazy ass cracka world.

On the upside, so many progressives are yelling racist so often, it'll come to mean nothing by the mid-terms. The Oprah Rodeo Clown Season will go down as the season the term "racist" because just another liberal label that no one pays attention to...the Cindy Sheehan of labels, if you will.

Yes, and in doing do, they will give license and cover to honest to God racists/systemic racism.

Usign race as a political weapon is perhaps the most damaging thing these clowns can do to our society. It's even worse than what the environtologists are doing to honest to God conservation.

The worst is? I really don't think most of them posess the wisdom to understand what you wrote LA. They are Charlie Sheen winning....

Dude, are you just trying to haze us with this gifs?

It's working, btw. :bag:

Don't mess with him. He has the world's largest Oprah gif collection.

i've spent some time in and around zurich. the swiss german's are generally rude and cold. very autocratic. so, i can easily see this happening yet you all refuse to even consider that it happened as oprah stated. why?

Way to take a stand against racism. Do you think their rude coldness is genetic?