Latest Update on FRANCES

stevestojan

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT06/...GIF/011008W.gif

It apparently isnt going north as expected... but we will know more later, obviously.

For those concerned, I live JUST east/southeast of Lake Okeechobee, that body of water in the southeaster corner of FL... barring a major turn, it looks like a wiked bad hair day for me coming up... we are all going to work today (except for my teacher friends, who i would be staying with) and then deciding if we need to start a long drive north/west tonight... I will let you guys know what's up, and thanks for all the well wishes.

I dont like this smiley too much, but Frances:

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Jesus Clause you better get the hell out of there. Jet over to Naples or something. How is Daniel taking Hurricane Frances? I bet he's real scared.

15496[/snapback]

danny is FREAKING out... listen to this... they have to be OUT of their apt by saturday... well, danny insists that Alto Lago wont let them stay one extra day. I explained to Danny that they HAVE to let him stay... well, danny has been moving all his stuff last night and today, and then he is taking him and his new GMC Jimmy and heading out of here. Where? He doesnt know...

I am going to Wills apt. Not much better than here, except it is obviously much farther inland, and he doesnt care if i take my dog there.

I expect some beer pong will be played.

Just looking at the map, if Francis holds to the projected course, I would guess you'll be looking at winds in excess of 100 mph. If it shifts just a little south, luckty you, you get a direct hit with the very strongest winds. I would guess the decision on whether to evacuate or not would depend on how sturdy the structure you live in and how close to a body of water that might flood. You're obviously not on the coast so you don't have to worry about storm surge.

Yeah looking at it, Steve, you're in trouble. When I first lived there there was a hurricane that was a little ways north of Palm beach, it was actually closer to Vero Beach, but you could still feel the affects of it. Scary stuff. As for Danny, I presume his packed to the brim GMC Jimmy (which he will be paying for the rest of his life) and his hairy A$$ will be heading HOME. HAHA, thats the word from his brother chris.

I'm going to Orlando Sunday. Is Orlando safe by then?

15611[/snapback]

Orlando is bracing for a pretty heavy hit as well. Hurricane Charley left a lot of destruction in Orlando and we still haven't cleaned up from it. But, by Sunday afternoon, Orlando should be safe from the winds but the chances are that many areas will be without power come Sunday, so if you consider being here without power, I would say it won't be safe!!!

Change your plans and stay home! Besides, Orlando International Airport is closing at 5:00pm tonight from what I here.

Jeff

15644[/snapback]

As long as they open by next Thursday at 10:30am, that's okay with me lol. Otherwise I'm driving up to Buffalo for the home opener, lol. :devil::)

Stevestojan, I work for the FD up in Martin Co.. They told us to prepare for 5 day deployment. The station I'm at is on the beach, so we've spent all day getting all the stuff out. I'm sure it will be levelled in a Cat 4. Good luck to all down here, I'll let you guys know how we make out when we get power back.

I'd rather be watching the Bills replay Sat on NFL network......

Stevestojan, I work for the FD up in Martin Co.. They told us to prepare for 5 day deployment. The station I'm at is on the beach, so we've spent all day getting all the stuff out. I'm sure it will be levelled in a Cat 4.  Good luck to all down here, I'll let you guys know how we make out when we get power back.

I'd rather be watching the Bills replay Sat on NFL network......

16077[/snapback]

Stay safe Dave.