Lynch

Rice

Steven Jackson

Morris

McCoy

Deangelo Williams

Demarco Murray

Ingram

More than 10 RBs that are all better than FJ. Just saying.

Forgot about Alfred Morris, good one. I feel like DeMarco Murray and McFadden are on about the same level as Fred because of their similar injury concerns. As much as I'm a Bama fan and loved him in college, Ingram has been a disappointment in the NFL to this point.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He averages 19.7 carries per game in his CAREER. He's the exactly right person to name. If ANYONE thinks CJ is that durable they're smoking something. The point is NOBODY these days does 20. Not even AP.

Lol 19.7 so you're saying it would have been 20 if he didn't get hurt. Thanks just like I said.

Edited by BuffaloFood

Forgot about Alfred Morris, good one. I feel like DeMarco Murray and McFadden are on about the same level as Fred because of their similar injury concerns. As much as I'm a Bama fan and loved him in college, Ingram has been a disappointment in the NFL to this point.

its cool. I forgot one or two in my list anyway. I've never been a fan of Murray but the guy can move. McFadden is an absolute MONSTER when healthy. Which is on par with Freddie. They are a different kind of back but personally I'd rather have McFadden.

Last year, watching CJ sitting on the sidelines while Fred was getting carries because it "was Fred's turn" was among the most frustrating things of the season. I don't know about everyone else, but I'd find myself screaming at the TV for CJ to touch the ball. We finally have coaches who want to use the personnel we have to our advantage. We finally have a coach who wants to acknowledge that CJ is a super star. I can't see how this could possibly be a bad thing. Quite honestly, this is the best news that we could have gotten from our OC. Imagine if he had said that Fred would be the focal point of this offense, everyone would be freaking out.

He averages 19.7 carries per game in his CAREER. He's the exactly right person to name. If ANYONE thinks CJ is that durable they're smoking something. The point is NOBODY these days does 20. Not even AP.

Yes AP had 348 attempts last year so he averaged 21.75 attempts per game.

On your top ten RB's are you all just listing the best runners or the overall best running backs? What can't Fred Jackson do? His blocking is well above average. His ability to catch and get open down field is clear. His YAC is impressive despite the many short dumps he gets. His running is powerful and he can run the ball anywhere between the sidelines. Overall FJ is still a top 10 back. He may not have 1000 rushing yards to show it but he has shown it in his play

CJ isn't going to average 20 carries a game. You're nuts if you think he will.

You're likely correct. However, he could get 20 touches per game combining rushing attempts and receptions.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

On your top ten RB's are you all just listing the best runners or the overall best running backs? What can't Fred Jackson do? His blocking is well above average. His ability to catch and get open down field is clear. His YAC is impressive despite the many short dumps he gets. His running is powerful and he can run the ball anywhere between the sidelines. Overall FJ is still a top 10 back. He may not have 1000 rushing yards to show it but he has shown it in his play

gotta disagree with you on this one JBoyst. Just as you cite all the things that Freddie can do. What makes you think all those other RBs that many posted cant do the same things at just as high or higher level of play?

Do you really think Freddie is better than those guys?

CJ

CJ

AP

Foster

Gore

McCoy

Forte

MJD

D. Williams

J. Stewart

These guys are at the top of the league every year. And though I thought Freddie was there a few years ago, he's shown he can't stay healthy enough to contribute for a whole season, is getting old, and has actually started to become a liability when it comes to holding onto the football. For years almost automatic when it comes to ball security, then all the sudden he's getting I popped out left and right last year. Times are changing. As fans of this team, we should be embracing CJ as the new leader on this squad of RBs and one of the true electrical players in the league.

So. Taking one of the top 10 backs in the league and not putting him on the field as a factor is a good thing? Put your 11 best players on the field. Its not about taking turns. Its about winning.

This needs to STOP.

Fred Jackson is not one of the top 10 RB's in the league.

I love Fred as much as anyone. I love his sportsmanship, his dedication, his work ethic. I love that he loves Buffalo. I get that. Everyone loves him. And that sways our opinion of him. He is a GOOD RB. Spiller is a GREAT RB.

Spiller last season averaged more per carry than Fred EVER did in his entire career. Spiller had more receiving yards than Fred EVER had in his entire career. Spiller had more TD's last season than Fred ever had in his career.

I love Fred. We all do. But he is not top 10 and he is no where near as good as Spiller.

This needs to STOP.

I love Fred as much as anyone. I love his sportsmanship, his dedication, his work ethic. I love that he loves Buffalo. I get that. Everyone loves him. And that sways our opinion of him. He is a GOOD RB. Spiller is a GREAT RB.

Spiller last season averaged more per carry than Fred EVER did in his entire career. Spiller had more receiving yards than Fred EVER had in his entire career. Spiller had more TD's last season than Fred ever had in his career.

I love Fred. We all do. But he is not top 10 and he is no where near as good as Spiller.

+1

FJax is nowhere near the top 10.

This needs to STOP.

While I AGREE that Fred is NOT a top 10 RB, I don't think it SUPPORTS your argument to use Spiller's stats from LAST year.

So. Taking one of the top 10 backs in the league and not putting him on the field as a factor is a good thing? Put your 11 best players on the field. Its not about taking turns. Its about winning.

I agree that we should keep our top 10 back on the field as much as possible. That's why Spiller will be getting all the carries he could want.

Oh I see, so he will fall apart over an additional 8 games. And you have what evidence for this?

You seem to enjoy arguing with people. Why? It's not fun to do, nor is it fun to read. Is there another site where this is the norm? It's typically not, here.