Henry free to seek trade

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, lets look at teams that probably need a starting back...

Miami (FORGET IT!  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: )

Cleveland

Oakland

Carolina

Tampa Bay

Arizona

San Francisco

Can we convince one of these guys to give us a 2 for TH?  Miami would probably be the most willing, then Oakland?

We can only hope.

204291[/snapback]

you're forgetting seattle - shaun alexander is most likely gone. oakland's an obvious choice. norv turner likes inside-the-tackles runners like henry and they're desperate for one. henry had some good games against the fins while turner was there, as i recall.

you're forgetting seattle - shaun alexander is most likely gone.  oakland's an obvious choice. norv turner likes inside-the-tackles runners like henry and they're desperate for one.  henry had some good games against the fins while turner was there, as i recall.

204532[/snapback]

If that happens, it would further validate PT Barnum.

you're forgetting seattle - shaun alexander is most likely gone.  oakland's an obvious choice. norv turner likes inside-the-tackles runners like henry and they're desperate for one.  henry had some good games against the fins while turner was there, as i recall.

204532[/snapback]

I see no fit for Travis under Holmgren, I believe he actually cut Ahman Green, and Green's a better receiver than Henry. Can't imagine Gruden wanting him either.

Funny thing Bf. YOU are the one who pointed out his statistical flaws (wrt sacks) but at the same time your posts indicate that you think he has high trade value.

Whats up?  :)  :lol:  ;)

204520[/snapback]

Joking with you :)

I think we could get a second out of him, but that's only because there are some teams with no running game that will pony up for him.

It's not because I think that's what he's worth. He's probably worth a 3rd.

Joking with you :lol:

I think we could get a second out of him, but that's only because there are some teams with no running game that will pony up for him.

It's not because I think that's what he's worth.  He's probably worth a 3rd.

204595[/snapback]

If we get a 3rd, I will be the happiest man on TSW. I would go right to the college board and bug R.Rich and the Jokeman about OGs, OCs and cbs.

Look for a 5th. :)

It seems difficult to determine Henry's worth when we don't even know what trading partners the Bills will deal with. Even comparing backs on a statistical basis (ie Faulk and Dillon) isn't all that accurate because the assets and liabilities of potential suitors are likely different than those cases were. Henry's value varies a great deal between teams. Bottom line is that if a team is desperate enough...anything can happen.

It seems difficult to determine Henry's worth when we don't even know what trading partners the Bills will deal with. Even comparing backs on a statistical basis (ie Faulk and Dillon) isn't all that accurate because the assets and liabilities of potential suitors are likely different than those cases were. Henry's value varies a great deal between teams. Bottom line is that if a team is desperate enough...anything can happen.

204614[/snapback]

You really do raise a great point. Certainly he has a varied worth between clubs.

What I think will drive down his value is that the only asset he brings is an ability to run. His lack of any other skills, injuries, personality issues, and the fact that he is seeking a trade do little to enhance the possibility of the Bills obtaining very much imo, but let's hope that I am way off base here.

If we get a 3rd, I will be the happiest man on TSW. I would go right to the college board and bug R.Rich and the Jokeman about OGs, OCs and cbs.

Look for a 5th.  :lol:

204612[/snapback]

Well here's the thing. The reason I think he will fetch a 3rd at least is because teams want a 1300 yard back. The fact that he can't pick up the blitz and can't catch usually escapes teams eager to bring in a guy that can get them more than 20 yards a game like the Dolphins had.

Well here's the thing.  The reason I think he will fetch a 3rd at least is because teams want a 1300 yard back.  The fact that he can't pick up the blitz and can't catch usually escapes teams eager to bring in a guy that can get them more than 20 yards a game like the Dolphins had.

204653[/snapback]

The dolphins are eerily similar to the Bills of a few years ago BFII. They have zero blocking, and weak qbs.

Hate to say it, but they are just a qb and an OL or 2 from contending. AS a Bills fan, I would rather see them sign Brees than Pace or Jones, and I am totally serious.

The dolphins are eerily similar to the Bills of a few years ago BFII. They have zero blocking, and weak qbs.

Hate to say it, but they are just a qb and an OL or 2 from contending. AS a Bills fan, I would rather see them sign Brees than Pace or Jones, and I am totally serious.

204663[/snapback]

Miami needs a lot on the offensive side of the ball.

QB

OL

RB

WR

That's most of the offense.

It will take time for them to address all of that and by that time the defense will be gone. They are already old and it showed durring this season.

Henry's contract makes him an attractive commodity.

Undoubtedly the team that snags him will do a new deal, but he's a heck of a lot more marketable that guys with big dollar signs attached to them. He may even sign for relatively modest bucks in return for a guaranteed starting role...just like he did here. That fact alone should increase any trade interest from the teams already mentioned.

Well, lets look at teams that probably need a starting back...

Miami (FORGET IT!  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: )

Cleveland

Oakland

Carolina

Tampa Bay

Arizona

San Francisco

Can we convince one of these guys to give us a 2 for TH?  Miami would probably be the most willing, then Oakland?

We can only hope.

204291[/snapback]

I bet we can get NO LESS than a 3rd for Henry. Good runner, inadequate blocker, sub-par hands. As for peoples assertions that TH is "injury-prone" and "low character", he is tough as hell(2003) and a lot of backs would've handled the situation last year a lot worse.

Anyhow, remember that just this year LAMAR GORDON WAS TRADED FOR A 3rd ROUNDER!!!

Miami: I hope we don't trade him to Miami, because they really have no draft picks AND they're in the AFC east.

Cleveland: forget it, they've got 2 raw young talents at RB(although William Green may have worn out his welcome), so i don't think it's likely that they are going to be in the market for TH. Plus, im not sure but they may be down a few picks in this years draft already because of the Kellen Winslow deal last year(traded up like 1 or 2 spots with detroit for no less than 2 additional picks).

Oakland:More likely than most scenarios as I see it. TH is a tough guy, perfect oakland norv turner type back. The Raiders usually have some draft picks or tricks up their sleeve plus I think that we have a good relationship with the raiders.

Carolina: ONly if Stephen Davis retires.

Tampa Bay: Seems unlikely, Pittman was a man on fire the 2nd half of htis season.

Arizona: very likely, Emmitt may retire and Denny Green doesn't seem to care for Marcell Shipp(who is coming off of a torn ACL i believe). We may be able to swing a deal with them, it could even involve players, who knows. I guess Denny Green has really been shakin' things up down there since he arrived.

San Fransisco: Barlow sunk last year but he's got a huge contract, don't expect to see him cut so quickly. If something happens with them I'd bet it'd be no higher than a 3rd because of the fact they have Barlow(similar back to henry) and they have the 1st pick in each round.

Are there perhaps any other teams that may have interest in TH???

Seattle?: If Alexander leaves, possibly. I hear that they feel Maurice Morris could be an adequate replacement, however MOrris is only 200 lbs or so and more of an outside cutback type runner. Maybe Holmgren would want a guy who can pound a defense to compliment morris, in that case I'd be willing to wager that they'd offer no more than a 3rd rounder.

Colts: If edge leaves, they're gonna need a guy and D. Rhodes is a Free agent too, plus this year henry's cap number is low and the colts just signed a bunch of guys to extensions. WHile they say they want to keep edge, the prospect of him heading to miami seems pretty good.

So, the most likely scenario I see is TH going to Oakland or Arizona with Indy as a dark horse candidate.

Now here is a question...WHEN is the earliest can we trade Henry? Is there a date that we can start shipping him out before free agency actually begins?

The reason I ask is because the best market for Henry would come before any big name RB gets a chance to take potential suitors away from us.

As for the teams mentioned, I definitely see Oakland as going strong after Henry. He's the typical Al Davis pick-up.

Now here is a question...WHEN is the earliest can we trade Henry?  Is there a date that we can start shipping him out before free agency actually begins? 

The reason I ask is because the best market for Henry would come before any big name RB gets a chance to take potential suitors away from us.

As for the teams mentioned, I definitely see Oakland as going strong after Henry.  He's the typical Al Davis pick-up.

204727[/snapback]

I think we can trade him sometime in february after the pro bowl has been played. THis is when TO and Dennis northcutt had their little disturbances last year.