Henry free to seek trade

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Is he torn between girls football and dance ?

205111[/snapback]

The appeal of the under 16 girl's football team appears to play heavy in their interest level. Henry was overheard sharing with his agent "That's one bench I wouldn't mind riding".

I think the key to this whole thing might be the Jets, believe it or not.  From what I've heard, now they're leaning towards trying to keep LaMont Jordan.  I think he's the Raiders' first choice (they tried to get him this past offseason, and is the perfect back for Turner's system).  If the Jets find a way to keep him (franchise tag? - they might with Abraham's latest antics decide to franchise Jordan instead), then the Raiders may come crawling for Travis... otherwise, I'm not sure what the market would look like:

1) No chance we give him to them - plus I think they'll target Shaun Alexander.

2) Seattle - I think they end up with Marshall Faulk somehow

3) Arizona - they already have a "pounder" (Shipp) - they'll likely trade for a speed guy (Michael Bennett)

4) Tampa Bay - Henry ain't the right fit for that offense - no question

5) Philly - this might be a great fit, actually - they want a "pounder" to spell Westbrook.  They'll also like his low cap number for next year.  They're shrewd, though - they didn't even give up a #2 for Owens!

204913[/snapback]

Good call with philly, esp considering modrak used to work for them, we probobly have close connections with them. I had heard a rumor some time ago that philly would be one of the teams interested and it makes a lot of sense.

Well, lets look at teams that probably need a starting back...

Miami (FORGET IT!  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: )

Cleveland

Oakland

Carolina

Tampa Bay

Arizona

San Francisco

Can we convince one of these guys to give us a 2 for TH?  Miami would probably be the most willing, then Oakland?

We can only hope.

204291[/snapback]

There has been talk down here about the Bucs trading for him.

Pittman has been a pretty good back for TB this season. I don't see Tampa

going after him.  Plus, TH couldn't handle competing for the spot....I don't

think he would want to go there either...

If seattle loses Shaun Alexander, he might be a guy they can target.

204766[/snapback]

Pittman fumbled a lot this year, I wuold not be suprised to see him gone.

Wasn't Pittman suspended early for beating his wife?? I was thinking between Pittman's legal troubles and Henry being from FL... but you make a good point about TH's fear of competition.

204772[/snapback]

Pittman was suspended for the first 4 games. Gruden likes Pittman but said the fumbling problem would be addressed.