"What if Obama can't lead?" :o

Liberalism Is Having a Bad Week

Obama-Ditch-copy.jpg

by Steven Hayward

And it’s only Wednesday. Last night I noted that NBC Nightly News had turned on Obamacare. Today there are more media defections and embarrassments rolling out.

First, this morning brings a brutal New York Times expose of the Clinton Foundation. (The Times website was down for a long time this morning; rumor was a cyberattack. I blame Bill Clinton.) Anyway, the story is not flattering—I saw at least one Facebook comment wondering whether Rush Limbaugh had somehow taken over the Times:

For all of its successes, the Clinton Foundation had become a sprawling concern, supervised by a rotating board of old Clinton hands, vulnerable to distraction and threatened by conflicts of interest. It ran multimillion-dollar deficits for several years, despite vast amounts of money flowing in. . .

And efforts to insulate the foundation from potential conflicts have highlighted just how difficult it can be to disentangle the Clintons’ charity work from Mr. Clinton’s moneymaking ventures and Mrs. Clinton’s political future, according to interviews with more than two dozen former and current foundation employees, donors and advisers to the family. Nearly all of them declined to speak for attribution, citing their unwillingness to alienate the Clinton family.

Yeah, I’ll bet. But I’m sure the Clintons can still count on the support of Anthony Weiner. My favorite detail in the story: Bill Clinton no longer eats meat or dairy products.

Second, Obama’s political action arm, Organizing for Action, held a climate change rally yesterday in Georgetown. No one showed up. Heh.

Third, the Obama administration received a huge smackdown from the DC Circuit Court of Appeals yesterday, which ruled that the Nuclear Regulatory Commission was in violation of the law by not ruling on the permit application for the nuclear waste depository at Yucca Mountain (pronounced “Yooo-cah” Mountain if you’re John Kerry; otherwise it’s “Yuck-a” to Nevadans). More significant than the ruling was the language of the opinion, which ought to apply to several other recent moves of the Obama Administration, such as postponing clear statutory deadlines in Obamacare. From the Wall Street Journal story:

The appeals court, citing a 1982 law directing the NRC to complete reviews within three years of an application, said “t
he president and federal agencies may not ignore statutory mandates or prohibitions merely because of policy disagreements.”

Bonus: Jesse Jackson Jr. sentenced to prison for corruption.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Liberalism Is Having a Bad Week

by Steven Hayward

And it’s only Wednesday. Last night I noted that NBC Nightly News had turned on Obamacare. Today there are more media defections and embarrassments rolling out.

First, this morning brings a brutal New York Times expose of the Clinton Foundation. (The Times website was down for a long time this morning; rumor was a cyberattack. I blame Bill Clinton.) Anyway, the story is not flattering—I saw at least one Facebook comment wondering whether Rush Limbaugh had somehow taken over the Times:

For all of its successes, the Clinton Foundation had become a sprawling concern, supervised by a rotating board of old Clinton hands, vulnerable to distraction and threatened by conflicts of interest. It ran multimillion-dollar deficits for several years, despite vast amounts of money flowing in. . .

And efforts to insulate the foundation from potential conflicts have highlighted just how difficult it can be to disentangle the Clintons’ charity work from Mr. Clinton’s moneymaking ventures and Mrs. Clinton’s political future, according to interviews with more than two dozen former and current foundation employees, donors and advisers to the family. Nearly all of them declined to speak for attribution, citing their unwillingness to alienate the Clinton family.

Yeah, I’ll bet. But I’m sure the Clintons can still count on the support of Anthony Weiner. My favorite detail in the story: Bill Clinton no longer eats meat or dairy products.

Second, Obama’s political action arm, Organizing for Action, held a climate change rally yesterday in Georgetown. No one showed up. Heh.

Third, the Obama administration received a huge smackdown from the DC Circuit Court of Appeals yesterday, which ruled that the Nuclear Regulatory Commission was in violation of the law by not ruling on the permit application for the nuclear waste depository at Yucca Mountain (pronounced “Yooo-cah” Mountain if you’re John Kerry; otherwise it’s “Yuck-a” to Nevadans). More significant than the ruling was the language of the opinion, which ought to apply to several other recent moves of the Obama Administration, such as postponing clear statutory deadlines in Obamacare. From the Wall Street Journal story:

The appeals court, citing a 1982 law directing the NRC to complete reviews within three years of an application, said “t
he president and federal agencies may not ignore statutory mandates or prohibitions merely because of policy disagreements.”

Bonus: Jesse Jackson Jr. sentenced to prison for corruption.

MItt Romney owns a horse

Hmmmmmmmmm, what was happening last fall ?......seems to me that there was something.

DOJ, FBI admit they inflated claims about mortgage fraud crackdown last year

By Judson Berger

The Justice Department and FBI have quietly acknowledged they grossly overstated the scope of a mortgage fraud crackdown, which the administration heralded with much fanfare a few weeks before last year's presidential election.

According to a memo circulated by the FBI and a correction posted online by the Justice Department, the number of defendants, the number of victims and the size of the losses are, in reality, a fraction of what officials claimed last October.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2c3ignNx4

White House: Serious You Guys, we have proof Obama is on the Egypt situation:

@NSCPress @NSCPress

Photo of POTUS speaking with his national security team about the situation in #Egypt: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitehouse/9515309159/ …

1:18 PM - 15 Aug 2013

9515309159_306bf47d26.jpg

Well, that settles it.

Everything is under control and President Obama is totally on that whole Egypt sitch after golfing and dining with the Comcast CEO during his Martha’s Vineyard vacay. The White House and National Security Council even released photographic evidence! Of Obama talking on a phone.

I feel better.................don't you?

@NSCPress @NSCPress

Photo of POTUS speaking with his national security team about the situation in #Egypt: http://www.flickr.co...09159/ …

Well, that settles it.

Everything is under control and President Obama is totally on that whole Egypt sitch after golfing and dining with the Comcast CEO during his Martha’s Vineyard vacay. The White House and National Security Council even released photographic evidence! Of Obama talking on a phone.

At least he's not playing cards again

@NSCPress @NSCPress

Photo of POTUS speaking with his national security team about the situation in #Egypt: http://www.flickr.co...09159/ …

9515309159_306bf47d26.jpg

Well, that settles it.

He's probably talking to Oprah.

Give the guy credit.

He has moved from completely unacceptable no shows/going to sleep/not reading the material on foreign policy

to

At least getting on the call now, while he is f'ing around off-site...for 10 days. (How many of you take 2 week vacations? I never have)

That is improvement. Now, the next step is to actually do the job up to standard. He may get there. You never know. By 2015, he might actually have this part down.

Be patient.

Give the guy credit.

He has moved from completely unacceptable no shows/going to sleep/not reading the material on foreign policy

to

At least getting on the call now, while he is f'ing around off-site...for 10 days. (How many of you take 2 week vacations? I never have)

That is improvement. Now, the next step is to actually do the job up to standard. He may get there. You never know. By 2015, he might actually have this part down.

Be patient.

So Obama = JP Losman?

"President Obama’s increasingly grandiose claims for presidential power are inversely proportional to his shriveling presidency."

"Desperation fuels arrogance as, barely 200 days into the 1,462 days of his second term, his pantry of excuses for failure is bare, his domestic agenda is nonexistent and his foreign policy of empty rhetorical deadlines and red lines is floundering.

And at last week’s news conference he offered inconvenience as a justification for illegality."

So begins George Will's column today, which is headlined "Obama’s unconstitutional steps worse than Nixon’s."

A column by a woman who has reached her limit.......

I Am Spartacus

by Sarah A. Hoyt

I am Spartacus* because for all too long I stayed quiet. I stayed quiet because baby needed shoes (often literally) and I needed work in a biased field that would blacklist me as soon as they knew my true self.

I allowed my loyalties and beliefs to be assumed from external appearances and origins – I allowed them to believe I must be extreme left because I’m female, of Latin origin, and have somewhat more than a Master’s degree in Modern Languages and Literature. (I would go back for the doctorate, I would, but I’m not willing to stay quiet anymore.) Those years of festering silence weigh within me, and in the scales of eternal justice I’m afraid I’ll get counted with the enemies of Liberty, because I was quiet, I consented.

I am no longer quiet.

{snip}

I am Spartacus because they think a hellish mix of Brave New World and 1984 is a consummation devoutly to be hoped for.

I am Spartacus because our betters have decided that the national debt no longer needs to be reported and that it will now simply be copy pasted from the total about two weeks ago, forever. And because they believe this can go on forever.

I am Spartacus because our voting system is corrupted beyond belief and the political elites have sewn themselves into a cocoon of fraud, via mail-in-ballots and voter fraud and fight against any attempt to clean the mess even minimally – because they know they’d never win another election again, if the elections were only as corrupt as they are, say, in India.

I am Spartacus because a Rodeo Clown CAN laugh at the king. As can we all. As SHOULD we all.

I am Spartacus because of the UNREAD Obamacare bill, passed by legalistic shennenigans and putting my life in the hands of bureaucrats.

I am Spartacus because summer of recovery 1, and 2, and 3, and 4, and 5… and?

I am Spartacus because at some point you have made enough money – AND THAT’S FOR YOU TO DECIDE, not bureaucrats. And if you never think you’ve made enough money, that’s your decision.

I am Spartacus because Benghazi.

I am Spartacus because I’m tired of everything being “racist” or “sexist” as a means of stopping speech.

http://accordingtoho...i-am-spartacus/

pic_cartoon_081713_new_A.jpg?itok=P-amzOYW

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: “That’s caudillo talk. That’s banana republic stuff. In this country, the president is required to win the consent of Congress first.

At stake is not some constitutional curlicue. At stake is whether the laws are the law. And whether presidents get to write their own.”

Edited by B-Man

Yes, but notice how the Judicial branch roughly balances out the legislative branch. Thus, we still have constitutional "checks and balances".

And the cartoonist forgot the press and the unions.

They are the roots of the Obama Executive "branch"......... :lol: