Pro Football Focus at Bills Camp

Almost good.

As an editor at DraftTek, I cringe when player names for your team are misspelled. He calls Kiko Alonso "Kiki" and Robert Woods "Wood".

I noticed that as well haha. I chalk it up to a simple oversight, though, Neil Hornsby knows his football. PFF as a whole gives some of the freshest and best takes that you can find on the web IMO.

I love ProFootballFocus's Premium Subscription stats. All of DraftTek's Team Analysts get a subscription and cite the stats in their Comments they make. They have sortable rankings By week, by team, by position, and by player for just about any offensive and defensive category your can list. It's the only premium subscription I consider worth the money.

A couple thoughts...

PFF is bunch of number-crunching, sabremetrician, analytics geeks - and I mean that nicely. Their forte is examining numbers, not real players in live action. I'm not sure why they do camp visits other than it must be fun for them.

I notice that they don't show Fred Jackson in the starting line-up and I wonder about that. Hackett has said on more than one occasion that he's going to put his five best skill players on the field. That would include Jackson. Contrast PFF's proposed starting line-up to this comment from Pat Kirwan:

"The Bills are going to be a very dangerous "20" personnel team (two running backs. three wide receivers). Expect to see a lot of Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller on the field together with Stevie Johnson, Robert Woods and probably T.J. Graham. Spiller can split out to wide receiver, Jackson is a willing blocker if they want to run power and there's lots of speed on the outside."

Almost good.

As an editor at DraftTek, I cringe when player names for your team are misspelled. He calls Kiko Alonso "Kiki" and Robert Woods "Wood".

Heck, there are rabid, committed Bills fans on this site who still get player names wrong.

I disagree with a lot of what he says. A lot.

Mario Williams will not be dropping in to coverage much, because, just like last year, we will be running with a hybrid SS/LB type in a nickel or dime. Like we did over 50% the last few years.

TJ Graham will be in the package, but Fred Jackson will be out there in tandem to CJ a lot. As I have preached all along, put your five best skillset players on the field. If that is SJ13, FJ, CJ, Woods and...Chandler out wide as a wideout, do it! Use our best athletes to create mismatches and advantages.

This was a poor article on the Bills. I am not saying we are going to have success, I am just saying I see no real basis for his critique.

Im telling you guys right now

I think the bills can and WILL make the playoffs this year....they might get in by the hair on their ass....but I think it happens.....

If EJ gives us ANY kind of improved play at the QB position and opens the field up with his arm.....and if Pettine can make the talent that WAS ALREADY HERE......work correctly......

Then we make it.....on a wild card

Im telling you guys right now

I think the bills can and WILL make the playoffs this year....they might get in by the hair on their ass....but I think it happens.....

If EJ gives us ANY kind of improved play at the QB position and opens the field up with his arm.....and if Pettine can make the talent that WAS ALREADY HERE......work correctly......

Then we make it.....on a wild card

stop this. stop this right now. I do not want to Billieve and be hurt again. I refuse to be a victim of this again.

Les Carpenter of Yahoo gives his take on EJ Manuel and the Bills after a camp visit. The following is an interview with Howard Simon on WGR. He gives an upbeat view on the future direction of the Bills after their organizational changes.

http://audio.wgr550.com/a/78938909/8-1-les-carpenter-of-yahoo-sports-on-bills-training-camp-and-what-he-s-liked-about-ej-so-far.htm