Bills sign pair of Linemen

Hambone

Posted this in the training camp thread as well:

I'm a fan of the Caldwell signing. Could be a really nice depth move. Legursky/Caldwell at LG with the loser of the competition being the swing guard.

Also creates more depth behind Wood in case of injury. With Caldwell and Legursky both having experience at C, Urbik could likely stay at RG if Wood were out.

Antoine Caldwell, the Texans player many SBNation fans felt most deserved to lose his starting job at the Texans bye week last year. http://www.battlered...k-season-review

The only reason they all quote is that he made an extremely stupid offside penalty that cost them a game, Sounds like they paid for his lesson, hopefully he pans out with us as I get the feeling that we've regressed considerably with the o-line.

Antoine Caldwell, the Texans player many SBNation fans felt most deserved to lose his starting job at the Texans bye week last year. http://www.battleredblog.com/2012/10/26/3558532/houston-texans-bye-week-season-review

To be fair he was also out the prior two weeks with injury and had a guy that those fans were mentioning for their rookie of the year pick replacing him

I wouldn't expect him to be a probowler but another good addition at a weak spot from all I can tell

Edited by NoSaint

The problem with competition between rookies and veteran castoffs is the castoffs can often look better in camp / preseason because they are acquainted with how preseason works while rookies are adjusting to their first year in NFL. However many of these castoffs do not have ability to last especially as starters. I'd rather castoffs be signed early in year after opener but before last month if needed where their experience allows they to step into role quickly.

I am not saying either of these veterans will make the team but would rather get players whose experience is ingrown not imported.