PFT's top 100 players (based on survey of NFL writers)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/22/pfts-top-100-whos-no-1/

No Mario Williams. Fair or no? Remember that these are probably the same guys that vote for the All-Pro squads. It is interesting that a guy with that huge of a salary can't crack the top 100, reputation wise. Byrd is the top Bill at 70, and Spiller is in the mid-80s.

Edited by dave mcbride

That's pretty accurate honestly. That's what the Top 100 should have looked like on NFL network. Could Mario fit on this list? Of course but I can't necessarily find a spot on that list where you could say he deserves it over so and so.

I'm fine with no Mario.

He under-performed on a HISTORICALLY bad defense.

Spiller should be higher, but his placement is fair given his actual production, not what he should have produced had he been used properly.

I'm not....yes, he underperformed on a bad D...but, he still registered double-digit sacks when every opposing coach, in the known world (NFL or not) knew exactly where he would be, every snap he was on the field. Spiller, way to low given his YPC and performance on a less than mediocre offense. Where the *F is Gilmore on this list?

I'm not....yes, he underperformed on a bad D...but, he still registered double-digit sacks when every opposing coach, in the known world (NFL or not) knew exactly where he would be, every snap he was on the field. Spiller, way to low given his YPC and performance on a less than mediocre offense. Where the *F is Gilmore on this list?

:flirt:

How half-full of you!

I guess I meant to suggest that if all teams benefitted from a list of 'what-ifs' like you've shared above, then we'd probably be lucky to have ONE player crack the list.

I guess I meant to suggest that if all teams benefitted from a list of 'what-ifs' like you've shared above, then we'd probably be lucky to have ONE player crack the list.

I dig what ur sayn'...I guess I was looking at it from a "value to the team" perspective.

Seriously...'what if' MW played for a top 10 D?

'what if' Spiller had a coach who knew what he had?

'what if' that was Gilmores 2nd year?

Brings a f'n tear to my eye...lol

I dig what ur sayn'...I guess I was looking at it from a "value to the team" perspective.

Seriously...'what if' MW played for a top 10 D?

'what if' Spiller had a coach who knew what he had?

'what if' that was Gilmores 2nd year?

Brings a f'n tear to my eye...lol

Well, by all reports, Spiller has a many more touches to look forward to. I genuinely hope he can handle/fear he can't. Not based on anything, just guarded optimistic.

Many here (myself included) thought Wanny had the stuff to make our defense dominant. He clearly did not. Because of that, I'm cautiously hoping Pettine DOES. As it pertains to Mario--I think moving him around, keeping him "engaged" will go a long way. But only time will tell.

Gilmore's a stud. He was a stud last year, he'll be a stud again this year.

The DEs and pass rushers on the list along with their ranking:

3) JJ Watt

8) Von Miller

14) DeMarcus Ware

18) Clay Matthews

20) Aldon Smith

21) Cameron Wake

28) Justin Smith

34) Jason Pierre-Paul

40) Jared Allen

43) Julius Peppers

66) Terrell Suggs