Got My First Ever Pedicure Tonight

Gugny

Now that you've had you pedicure, when are you going to start re-decorating your house?

That started 5 years ago, when we bought it. I figure I'll be done by 2030.

I will have you know I am among the most manly men around...

I get pedicures about once a year. I need one now. With hay season over, my feet drying out with the warm conditions and cracking from sweating/cooling it is good to have done.

I am hoping you have already had a massage. A real one. I have a woman who gives a 75 minute massage - but ends up going 90 minutes for like $50. I found her asking around, avoiding that Twitter coupon deal stuff. If you've not got that, try that.

If you have tried that, I urge you to try a gentlemans facial. (Now, for all the little kids here - take your time to make your gay jokes. I will help... "Yeah? A gentleman giving me a facial? No thanks")... Ok, still with me? Seriously, maybe once every blue moon year I get one. It's been a few years now, but when my body just feels worn out and my face feels like a sponge of goo and sweat and mess I get one. They peel all the junk off, pop your black heads - which is really cool, and leave your face just feeling better.

I use this, Neutrogena Cleanser/Mask Clear Pore, http://tinyurl.com/lfx4arj It works very well.

That started 5 years ago, when we bought it. I figure I'll be done by 2030.

Sounds like us.

I get pedicures about once a year. I need one now. With hay season over, my feet drying out with the warm conditions and cracking from sweating/cooling it is good to have done.

I am hoping you have already had a massage. A real one. I have a woman who gives a 75 minute massage - but ends up going 90 minutes for like $50. I found her asking around, avoiding that Twitter coupon deal stuff. If you've not got that, try that.

If you have tried that, I urge you to try a gentlemans facial. (Now, for all the little kids here - take your time to make your gay jokes. I will help... "Yeah? A gentleman giving me a facial? No thanks")... Ok, still with me? Seriously, maybe once every blue moon year I get one. It's been a few years now, but when my body just feels worn out and my face feels like a sponge of goo and sweat and mess I get one. They peel all the junk off, pop your black heads - which is really cool, and leave your face just feeling better.

I use this, Neutrogena Cleanser/Mask Clear Pore, http://tinyurl.com/lfx4arj It works very well.

I use Neutrogena products too!

My parents bought their house in 1972. They finished remodeling it about 4-5 years ago.

I hope for their sake that they used some timeless design elements.

So you do this just before driving the sheep herd up to the mountain pastures?

The place where I got my pedicure also does facials. They do not offer massages, so that'll be some research. There used to be a guy who would, as people sit at the foot-drying station, just walk up and give random shoulder massages. I guess the state came down on the establishment, saying they couldn't pay him to give the shoulder rubs unless he was a licensed masseuse. So I missed out on that.

The leg massage felt incredible. She pushed the pressure points kinda hard, but in the end it felt great.

I can see doing this a couple times/year, as I battle foot dryness year-round (cracked heels, etc.). I'll look into the facial next time.

EDIT: As soon as I posted this, I checked my email and had a Groupon for a massage (exactly what you said to avoid). Just thought it was ironic. Don't cha think?

Edited by Fig Newtons

The place where I got my pedicure also does facials. They do not offer massages, so that'll be some research. There used to be a guy who would, as people sit at the foot-drying station, just walk up and give random shoulder massages. I guess the state came down on the establishment, saying they couldn't pay him to give the shoulder rubs unless he was a licensed masseuse. So I missed out on that.

The leg massage felt incredible. She pushed the pressure points kinda hard, but in the end it felt great.

I can see doing this a couple times/year, as I battle foot dryness year-round (cracked heels, etc.). I'll look into the facial next time.

EDIT: As soon as I posted this, I checked my email and had a Groupon for a massage (exactly what you said to avoid). Just thought it was ironic. Don't cha think?

Its not that youbshould avoid them. I just find the better experiences come once you find someone who does it privately. Usually they practice with a big company and do it on the side as well