Pete Mitchell: now that is the way to sign an autograph...

Some of you may or may not remember Pete Mitchell... a mediocre tight-end for the Jaguars, and Dolphins, played mostly in the 90's...check out this autographed picture he singed...it is an "epic" signature!

http://deadspin.com/this-is-how-you-sign-a-picture-of-ray-lewis-trying-to-t-509696414?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Ray didn't pull the trigger.

What trigger? Ray Lewis and two of his posse got into a fight and two of the people they were fighting ended up dying of stab wounds to the heart. Yes he was never found guilty and personally I like Ray but he isn't exactly an angel

Some of you may or may not remember Pete Mitchell... a mediocre tight-end for the Jaguars, and Dolphins, played mostly in the 90's...check out this autographed picture he singed...it is an "epic" signature!

http://deadspin.com/...dium=socialflow

K MART could have used that in their "Ship Your Pants" commercial. Far more believable!

This could be taken any number of ways by Ray Lewis and by everyone who is not Ray Lewis.

I'm guessing Mitchell intended it in a lighthearted way (inasmuch as someone can be lighthearted about someone's murder) and for fun.

Whether Mitchell contemplated this or not I think it certainly wasn't meant for mass consumption.

Finally I think there's at least a 50/50 chance that Ray Lewis has laughed about this so I'm gonna go with it being funny (in spite of being in bad taste) and that it would be more appropriate to laugh about it than any other reaction.

JMO.

I thought it was funny.

I thought it was funny.

I thought it was hilarious, and I am no Ray Lewis hater... though he did suffer from a bit of overexposure this past season...and while I don't think he murdered anyone, I think it is very likely he was more involved in the cover-up (or attempted cover-up) of this crime than we will ever know.

I have been collecting sports autographs for years, so it is always fun/cool when somebody adds something unique to their autograph. I have a couple unusual autos. One is "Larry Bird" signed autobiography that was forged by Kevin McHale. The other is a signed 8x10 photo of former Dallas Cowboys great Ed "Too Tall" Jones. The picture is of he and OJ walking off the field at Cowboys stadium after a game. Jones has his arm around OJ's shoulder. This was signed a weekend or two after OJ's arrest. The inscription read "Happier times...who knew? - Ed "Too Tall" Jones.