Pats/Colts...

Buftex

...Foxhole is the "Rubicam" that Peyton Who has yet to cross.  0-6 vs. the Patsies there.  How will he and his teammates fare as a dome team in 20-degree temps forecast for Sunday?

The other thing that's troublesome for Indy Sunday is NE itself.  Give Belichick two weeks to prepare for a playoff game, with homefield--a tough combination to beat.

201418[/snapback]

It's the "Rubicon", but don't stop him now, he's on a roll!

This game is very reminiscent of SBXXV. The high-flying, point a minute no-huddle of Da Bills vs. the lumbering, methodical G-men. Tortois and the hare. We all know how that turned out... Belichek was DC for the G-men and concocted a 2-5 defense to UNLOAD on Bills short zone receivers across the middle.

My predict: unlike our heros', Mike 'the mouth' Vanderjact MAKES the 47 yarder as time expires to win.

i don't think anyone has to 'grudgingly' admit anything...this will be a great ballgame to watch as a football fan. i also don't 'begrudge' either team. i respect what the pats have done under belichick, and i'm a big tony dungy/peyton manning fan.

since the bills can't be there, i'm pulling for the horseshoes to win it all. polian deserves one.

I doubt that his touchdown record will mean nothing if he loses this game..that's a record that hasn't been broken in 20 years, that's quite an accomplishment..but as I stated in an earlier post, I believe its going to be a great game. But this season I have never seen a quarterback destroy defenses like peyton manning has..He exploits its weakness and obliterates it..and I firmly believe that Peyton will do enough next week to beat the patriots defensive schemes and come out of foxboro with a victory..Peyton will not lose to them 2 years inna row..no way

201148[/snapback]

This is exactly how us bills fans felt going into Super Bowl XXV. No one could

stop Kelly/Thomas/Reed. They alwayss found a way to pile up the scores...

Bill Bellichek then found a scheme to slow down this offense and Parcells found

a way to keep this offense off the field for 42 minutes...and we lost the

Super Bowl.

I really see this game as the true test for Manning. He has not proven his ability to win outdoors in the cold. If he can pull it together, I think he could easily rip the Pats D apart. Everyone tries to throw crazy defenses at him, and he has successfully figured them out. It will be a very interesting game though. I do think the Colts basically lost the early season matchup, the patsies didn't win it, the colts lost.

I am definately rooting for the COLTS!

if the Patriots find a way to stop the Colts this Sunday, they will ice their place in NFL lore as one of the best teams of all time?  I am pissed the Bills aren't playing this weekend, but I have to say, this game really intrigues me.  Two teams who are so diametrically opposed in style.  It could be a classic, or a blow-out.  If Peyton has another playoff meltdown this weekend, his regular season accomplishments will mean nothing...I am excited to see what the Pats come up with...them signing Hank Poteat today looks like an act of desperation!  Why didn't they sign a DB weeks ago?  This could be a very fun game!

201141[/snapback]

I agree, D. Well stated.

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  STEELERS, LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:unsure:

201166[/snapback]

you cant in good conscience root for pittsburgh to lose...as much as i personally dislike them, that would mean that the jets would be in the AFC championship game...and i cant root for the jets...