[OT] Official 24 thread

Just Jack

I liked the first season - it was fresh and different from the normal garbage on the tube.  They did a good job with it.  The 2nd season started strong but jumped the shark when his daughter faced off with the dreaded mountain lion.  This season is the "well, we ran out of ideas so let's start making stuff up that have no basis in reality."

If there's a season four, I doubt I'll be watching it.  Guess it'll be down to just "Rescue Me," "Scrubs," and "The Shield," with an occasional drive by of "Arrested Development."    Network TV really sucks now.

285096[/snapback]

Just a note - this is season 4 right now - 1 was the plot to kill Palmer by Drazen -> Nina killing Terri, 2 was the nuclear bomb scare and second attempt on Palmer, and 3 was the deadly virus and bomb scares. IMO this season is better than the last 2, but I doubt they'll be able to come close to the greatness of the first season.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note - this is season 4 right now - 1 was the plot to kill Palmer by Drazen -> Nina killing Terri, 2 was the nuclear bomb scare and second attempt on Palmer, and 3 was the deadly virus and bomb scares.  IMO this season is better than the last 2, but I doubt they'll be able to come close to the greatness of the first season.

285234[/snapback]

Thanks for the reminder. I lost one in there somewhere. :huh:

Thanks for the reminder.  I lost one in there somewhere.  :huh:

285245[/snapback]

Understandable - like I said, I didn't find 2 and 3 all that great when compared with 1. This one is a bit better, but doesn't compare.

Here's an article from USA Today about the body count Jack as gotten these past 4 seasons.

USA Today article

289194[/snapback]

Does anyone remember the college drinking game from The Bob Newhart Show? You were supposed to throw one down every time someone on the show said "Hi Bob." We used to talk about doing the same thing or something like it whenever someone got killed on 24, but it quickly got out of hand.

Does anyone remember the college drinking game from The Bob Newhart Show?  You were supposed to throw one down every time someone on the show said "Hi Bob."  We used to talk about doing the same thing or something like it whenever someone got killed on 24, but it quickly got out of hand.

289653[/snapback]

you would get drunk quicker if you drank everytime someone yelled.

anyone have some predictions on the "BIG TWIST" next week?

289659[/snapback]

I bet they kill the President. I can't think of any movies or TV shows where that has been done successfully so it'd be a first of sorts.

Chloe or Edgar being moles doesn't make any sense and Behrooooooooooz somehow having more connections to the terror plot is ridiculous.

Or maybe Jack wakes up and it was all a dream. It's really 8am and the season is just starting. WHOA!

I say Edgar is working for the terrorists.

289698[/snapback]

No chance. Edgar was the one who stopped 99% of the powerplants from melting down. His mom died in the 1 that did. No chance is he working for the terrorists. There's a greater chance that Curtis is than Edgar.

No chance.  Edgar was the one who stopped 99% of the powerplants from melting down.  His mom died in the 1 that did.  No chance is he working for the terrorists.  There's a greater chance that Curtis is than Edgar.

289915[/snapback]

Unless the power plants were intended to occupy the true intention.......

How about every time Jack yells "Who are you working for?!!!!"

290026[/snapback]

Am I the only one who thinks of the bathroom scene with Tom Arnold in "Austin Powers" everytime he does that? "Who's number 2 are you?" "That a boy. You show that turd who's boss."

Kind of.  They needed to get the President into the air so they could target Air Force One with the Stealth fighter that they were going to kipe.

289952[/snapback]

The President has been in Air Force One for like 300 hours now. Apparently he's flying back from that nifty Moon Base President Bush wanted to build.

The President has been in Air Force One for like 300 hours now.  Apparently he's flying back from that nifty Moon Base President Bush wanted to build.

290072[/snapback]

That's honestly about the most believable part of the whole show this season - especially where the Air Force is concerned.

The President has been in Air Force One for like 300 hours now.  Apparently he's flying back from that nifty Moon Base President Bush wanted to build.

290072[/snapback]

Um, err, wouldn't it have to be around 18-20 hours based on where we are in the show? This is reasonable with in-air refuelings.