Poll: Are we total suckers again?

167 members have voted

1. 1. Are we suckers again or are we actually going to be good under this regime?

• We're suckers
    • We'll be good under this regime

It seems the optimisim on the board has skyrocketed with the new regime and now a new QB. Has Russ Brandon worked his marketing magic again or are we justly optimistic? I mean I must admit I'm hopeful, but ESPN has us at 30 in the power rankings. A lot of people are saying Manuel was a major stretch as a first rounder and it took fans a lot of convincing themselves to like the Marrone hire. Are we just wanting to believe the BS again and are just as gullible as they come?

You were doing a nice job of constructing your point until you invoked ESPN.

you need a wait and see option.

Yep. As others have said there need to be a few more options.

Complying with the original poll/post, I didn't vote but if forced to choose I'd say we're gonna be good this year.

I feel like a sucker again so far... Nix and Brandon are still on board. They hire a relative unknown coach who was happy to take the job. I can't get excited, The roster remains terrible, the only real change is another new coaching staff that changes their system like we do every 3 years lately. And losing Levitre was the most notable thing of the offseason... a rare "elite" player at his position, and we let him go away again. I know, Tennessee paid him a lot, but it stings.

Edited by Leelee Phoenix

It seems the optimisim on the board has skyrocketed with the new regime and now a new QB. Has Russ Brandon worked his marketing magic again or are we justly optimistic? I mean I must admit I'm hopeful, but ESPN has us at 30 in the power rankings. A lot of people are saying Manuel was a major stretch as a first rounder and it took fans a lot of convincing themselves to like the Marrone hire. Are we just wanting to believe the BS again and are just as gullible as they come?

"Are we just wanting to believe the BS again and are just as gullible as they come?" -- I love the offseason when your team is undefeated. Ralph Wilson is the smartest man in the world. The stadium is paid for, the team cost him $25,000 and every year 60-70000 suckers use the excuse of a parking lot party to fill the free stadium 10 times for him at 50- 100 bucks a pop plus parking and concessions. Say what you want, the guy is brilliant, which means Bills fans who actually PAY to see this franchise are.......

Edited by 8and8Forever

I feel like a sucker again so far...

And losing Levitre was the most notable thing of the offseason... a rare "elite" player at his position, and we let him go away again. I know, Tennessee paid him a lot, but it stings.

Levitre's a good player but in what way is he an "elite" player?

I am expecting a well prepared, well coached NFL football team who goal is the AFCE and playoffs at the minimum.

I am also prepared for a season that ends for all intents and purposes by Halloween, and reading about losing out for draft position.

what ?

why would anyone be a sucker for enjoying the local team ?

Why indeed? Possibly when the local team takes your money for years (decades) and does little or nothing to improve the product you're paying for; or maybe when the local team concentrates on threats and intimidation in "negotiations" for a new stadium, or stadium upgrades; then again maybe when the local team shows fans so little respect as to run out the same tired excuses year after year, e.g., "We learned a lot today. I saw some good things and some things that need improvement. We know what we have to do. (repeated a minimum of forty times a season)." Then there's the whole Toronto thingy....

I think that the Bills are underrated nationally and overrated on here. I am thinking that the record will be in the 6-8 win range and heading in the right direction. This team is much better than the 30th best team in football as some power rankings have suggested. They are at least as talented as last year and should be better coached (especially on the defensive side of the ball). I don't see how people are predicting them to regress?