Best Moment in the Draft So Far

Verbatim transcript from NFL Network broadcast:

Rich Eisen: The pick is in. Do you think it's going to be Geno Smith?

Brian Billick: No, God, I think that just becomes a mess. Oh my God. You take two defensive guys, you've done nothing to help the offense, now you're going to bring in the second round a quarterback, with Mark Sanchez's issues? You might as well just blow it up right now.

Mike Mayock: And the other thing is I look at their roster, Coach, I only see 6 offensive linemen on their roster right now. They couldn't even go out there and play 7 on 7. At some point they've got to start filling in some linemen to block for Sanchez.

Rich Eisen: And it's a fan favorite from Hofstra that is at the Commissioner's side to make the pick.

Roger Goodell: To announce the New York Jets' selection, please welcome, from Hofstra University, an undrafted free agent in 1995, wide receiver Wayne Chrebet.

Wayne Chrebet: With the 39th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select Geno Smith.

Rich Eisen: Oh, did they go ahead and do it! Oh my lord! And Tebow's still on the roster! Let the good times roll, baby! Oh, there's not enough space on back pages for this one! What does it mean? What does it mean? If we could only have a camera on Mark Sanchez right now!

(Pictures of Jets fans in shock, holding their heads, booing, thumbs down. And a New England fan in a Welker jersey with a huge smile on his face)

Rich Eisen: Look at this guy, he is stunned silent.

Edited by Bills Fan since '64

I was watching as this happened. If you consider that this is the NFL's house PR network, where these guys put a positive spin on everything -"Yes he did murder his entire family but he's really turned it around in the last 6 months" - this was the most amazing & honest exchange in the whole draft.