New Orleans Hotel info for Bills fans

aussiew

So we are going to try the New Orleans thing again. Last time I had tix for Bills v. Saints, Katrina blew that up! Here is hoping we can make it happen.

A big Amen from NOSAINT and I. New Orleans is really a great place to come to. For those of you that have been here you understand and for those of you that haven't you will really enjoy it. I would be happy to give any recommendations on place to eat, things to do, etc... I hope to see everyone at the big party that we have that weekend!!

Indeed - glad to help out (check out paaaattmaan asking New Orleans advice on off the wall awhile back as a jumping off point)

Great rates at all 3 hotels. Frankly, someone at the best western should be fired for giving Aussie that low of a rate. It's not the best hotel ever but that's a ridiculous rate.

Ps - the best western is only one block from the quarter, maybe 5 from bourbon. You might want to check/update

Edited by NoSaint

I live in Hammond,LA will be attending this game, my first ever bills game...first ever game for that matter...I am about 40 mins from the super dome, if u want to know somewhere cheap to stay or need any info about the area hit me up! PS: I have party favors too!

Great rates at all 3 hotels. Frankly, someone at the best western should be fired for giving Aussie that low of a rate. It's not the best hotel ever but that's a ridiculous rate.

Thanks NoSaint. I'm actually a certified meeting planner in another life so love negotiating with hotels.You're right - the Quarter is 1 block away, but I always count the blocks to Bourbon Street.

Looking forward to whatever ideas you locals come up with for pre-game parties. And please keep it close by - most will not have vehicles.

Dragos - here I come!!! Broiled oysters yummmmm!

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Thanks NoSaint. I'm actually a certified meeting planner in another life so love negotiating with hotels.You're right - the Quarter is 1 block away, but I always count the blocks to Bourbon Street.

Looking forward to whatever ideas you locals come up with for pre-game parties. And please keep it close by - most will not have vehicles.

Dragos - here I come!!! Broiled oysters yummmmm!

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

all three really are great rates - that one just stood out as a WOW. you dont see that on an october weekend without a home game, yet alone one with.

yea check out my thread in off the wall (search: New Orleans) - lots of good info in there, mostly from NoSaint - I just took a trip there in January - awesome time, awesome city

we stayed at the aforementioned Best Western - was quite nice actually (and they have an outdoor pool if thats your thing)

MUST EAT AT: Port of Call (tiny burger place about a 5-10 minute walk from the Best Western, but their burgers and baked potatos - no fries- are amazing, seriously hit this place up)

If you get a chance, the trip into midtown (I think its called midtown, its by Tulane) for a meal at Patois is well, well, wellllll worth it. We went for brunch and it was one of the best meals ive ever had...

get the char grilled oysters, even if you dont like oysters, they are phenomenal (we got them at ACME but lots of places do em)

I want to go back to narlins now...

NoSaint is a wealth of knowledge that I highly recommend you all seek out

I dug up the old thread in Off The Wall - its on the front page there now

MUST EAT AT: Port of Call (tiny burger place about a 5-10 minute walk from the Best Western, but their burgers and baked potatos - no fries- are amazing, seriously hit this place up)

Noooooooo. You actually ate burgers in New Orleans? :wallbash: You better come on back so we can teach you how to eat down there! And you missed the "Mother's" experience! :doh:

:D :D

Noooooooo. You actually ate burgers in New Orleans? :wallbash: You better come on back so we can teach you how to eat down there! And you missed the "Mother's" experience! :doh:

:D :D

i dont think i sent him there but port of call is waaaaaaay more "authentic" new orleans experience than mothers, even without gumbo. from what ive heard of the trip he did pretty well hitting a lot of local stuff and avoiding the the more touristy things.

ill have to teach you a thing or two Aussie.

Edited by NoSaint

Wife and I have eaten at Emeril Lagasse NOLA'S. Had to make reservations way ahead.

October weekends are busy - call ahead to book the "fancy dinner at a trendy restaurant" but otherwise, should be no problem. Even if your first choice is booked there are a hundred good ones. If emeril is in the name, call early for sure though

Are Brennan's (and it's cousin, Mr. B's) and Commander's Palace still as good as I remember them? Can't wait for the trip, if for no other reason than the food!

The original Brennan's is junk under new management.... Mr Bs is still turning out great food as is commanders.

You may be rights. But IMHO, eating a burger in NOLA is like eating wings in Midland, TX. :rolleyes:

Ironically, port of call is being featured on a national burger show on food channel right now.

Correction: more ironic in content, and timing - the entire show seems to be featuring the burgers of New Orleans. Remind me when they cover the wings of midland ;)

Edited by NoSaint

Ironically, port of call is being featured on a national burger show on food channel right now.

Correction: more ironic in content, and timing - the entire show seems to be featuring the burgers of New Orleans. Remind me when they cover the wings of midland ;)

How funny is that?

And I totally agree with aussiew.

I wouldn't even consider a burger in NOLA until I've had a crawfish feast, andouille, gumbo, dirty rice, beignets, jumbalaya, etouffee, a po'boy, etc. etc. etc.