New Orleans Hotel info for Bills fans

aussiew

How funny is that?

And I totally agree with aussiew.

I wouldn't even consider a burger in NOLA until I've had a crawfish feast, andouille, gumbo, dirty rice, beignets, jumbalaya, etouffee, a po'boy, etc. etc. etc.

Oh, I totally understand but for someone wanting to get outside the craw-gumbo-laya menu.... You can do some pretty solid standard grub. Port of call is down in the residential end of the quarter, locals instead of tourists, which is a cool experience in and of itself - the burgers are pretty solid and you can knock down some real drinking waiting for a table. Wouldn't be on my 48 hour tour but ill give paatt some credit for getting past the tourist spots. He hit some good ones.

Mostly, I couldn't resist mentioning the show given the timing though. I literally laughed out loud when they said port of call was coming up.

Listen, I ate plenttyyyyy of seafood and "authentic new orleans food" when we were down there - but I heard from quite a few locals that Port of Call was a great stop that is not "touristy" - and I LOVE burgers and must try them wherever I travel - and Port of Call certainly delivered, not to mention, as NoSaint said, you can do some SERIOUS drinking when you wait for your food - I had two of the huge "Monsoons" and I was on my ass after dinner, and I can put away the booze

all in all, Port of Call is one of my top rec's when it comes to my very limited experience in Nola

we also made reservations for Emeril's NOLA for a fancy dinner - and it did not dissapoint - I went with about 5 app's instead of a dinner - duck confit pizza was excellent - everything that everyone got at our table was great

we had mothers on the list - but they were closed whatever day we actually wanted to go (monday perhaps? maybe sunday?) - not too sad that we missed out on that though, another time - we got our po-boy fill elsewhere

How funny is that?

And I totally agree with aussiew.

I wouldn't even consider a burger in NOLA until I've had a crawfish feast, andouille, gumbo, dirty rice, beignets, jumbalaya, etouffee, a po'boy, etc. etc. etc.

we were in New Orleans for more than three days, and ate everything on that list as well as the fab. burgers from port of call

but you can be ignorant and miss out on great burgers : )

in all seriousness - I do understand the whole "burger in New Orleans??" thing - but it was worth it, and didnt limit our other "authentic" intake

we were in New Orleans for more than three days, and ate everything on that list as well as the fab. burgers from port of call

but you can be ignorant and miss out on great burgers : )

in all seriousness - I do understand the whole "burger in New Orleans??" thing - but it was worth it, and didnt limit our other "authentic" intake

Certainly if our visit was long enough we'd eventually have burgers.

After all, no one food item defines America more than the hamburger. The hot dog is a very distant second.

I'm thinking we'll only be down there for two days though.

Certainly if our visit was long enough we'd eventually have burgers.

After all, no one food item defines America more than the hamburger. The hot dog is a very distant second.

I'm thinking we'll only be down there for two days though.

yea if only there for two days, you will realistically only get 4 (probably more like 2 or 3 though) meals in - thats a lot to fit in - honestly...id skip the po'boy too...especially if your not going to get a seafood one

im jealous of you though - wish I could convince the wife to go back so soon

in the end - eat what you like, and hopefully youll like what you eat.

if you are looking for something in particular, whether it be a burger or oysters, feel free to ask or check out the link below for a good "best of" nearly anything

nomenu.com