Kiss' "Beth" from Beth's point of view

The Poojer

The day Kiss took off their make-up I was bummed. I waited and waited, and finally, the original four put their makeup on and went on tour. It was one of the happiest days of my life, seeing them on stage. My first Kiss concert ever, and I was pushing 30-years-old. Other than finally seeing the Police, this was one of my finest concert moments.

So you're a country music guy. Of course you're not going to like Kiss.

I was primarily country in the 90's, but have always enjoyed all music. I like Rock, as well. I do not like Kiss because they are more gimmick and show then they are rock and roll, in my opinion. Much like Green Day.k

I was primarily country in the 90's, but have always enjoyed all music. I like Rock, as well. I do not like Kiss because they are more gimmick and show then they are rock and roll, in my opinion. Much like Green Day.k

I hear what your saying but gimmick and show has always been a part of rock and roll. Jimi setting his guitar on fire. Pete smashing his. Keith destroying his drums. Bowie as Ziggy Stardust. Elvis's hips. This is rock and roll.

https://www.youtube....h?v=rhW1MCqimPw

Edited by Chef Jim

I hear what your saying but gimmick and show has always been a part of rock and roll. Jimi setting his guitar on fire. Pete smashing his. Keith destroying his drums. Bowie as Ziggy Stardust. Elvis's hips. This is rock and roll.

https://www.youtube....h?v=rhW1MCqimPw

hmm.

I just cannot imagine...Frampton, Hendrix, Elvis, Richards.............all in the same group as Kiss???? Bowie was in the 80's for some time so he gets a pass.

Its not that I disagree, perspectives are never wrong - but if you are saying KISS had the same impact that those already mentioned have then I'll take your word for it.

hmm.

I just cannot imagine...Frampton, Hendrix, Elvis, Richards.............all in the same group as Kiss???? Bowie was in the 80's for some time so he gets a pass.

Its not that I disagree, perspectives are never wrong - but if you are saying KISS had the same impact that those already mentioned have then I'll take your word for it.

Not the same impact but different impact. They all do, that's the beauty of music. The impact they had on me was the band I was in in the mid 70's had all sorts of pyrotechnics thanks in most part to Kiss. We almost burnt down our school during one show. :lol: We didn't play any of their songs because that wasn't our style however.

Gene Simmons has always been on my "most interesting people" list, and I used to love rocking out to Detroit Rock City or God Gave Rock and Roll to You when my buddy and I would drive to high school. Paul Stanley is more talented than some give him credit for, as well.

I can get into a little country now and then, as well, but Kiss music has a ton of nostalgic value for me. Good times!