MMD 2013 Draft threads - Hold on to your socks

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What evidence do you have that they are thinking O-line? They didn't bring ANY O-linemen in for interviews. WR is WAY more likely.

Walter football (who I didn't even read until just now) had 5 based on what I said & 2 QB's / no WR until the Bills pick one.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013_2.php

Draft site had no WR in the 2nd round top 10 picks.

So there's 2 sites I've never seen saying what I said.

Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

2013 Bills draft picks:

8. Buffalo Bills: Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse: Jets forced their hand.

41. BB - Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee: For our quick uptempo offense.

71. Da'Rick Rogers - WR - Tennessee Tech: We're making the offense better, now.

105. Alex Okafor - DE - Texas: Yeah, he falls that far down & we can't resist.

143. Dion Sims - TE - Michigan State: 6'5" & 262 LBS, just throw him the ball then lookout.

177. Nico Johnson - ILB - Alabama: Dansby has to mentor somebody.

Top Ten Draft picks:

1. Kansas City Chiefs: Eric Fisher - OT - Central Michigan: Has the Edge on Luke.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Dion Jordan - OLB - Oregon: Biggest need looks to be filled.

3. Oakland Raiders: Luke Joeckel -OT - Texas A&M - Prayed for Eric but will take LJ.

4. Philadelphia Eagles: Lane Johnson - OT - Oklahoma: Securing the trenches.

5. Detroit Lions: Dee Milliner - CB - Alabama: Jets won't play ball on the Lions demand, so they cook them.

6. Cleveland Browns: Star Lotulelei - DT - Utah: Can be put anywhere on the line.

7. Arizona Cardinals: Ziggy Ansah DE - BYU: BPA.

8. Buffalo Bills: Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse: Jets forced their hand.

9. New York Jets: Barkevious Mingo - OLB - LSU: Part of the rebuild that needs some time.

10. Tennessee Titans: Sharrif Floyd - DT - Florida: BPA

this is laughable; neither Nassib or Patterson will be ready to start year 1, meaning picking Nassib #8 is senseless and Patterson is a waste of a pick at #2....wait..... of course this could be brilliiant as it ensures a 2-14 season which would get us Bridgewater, Manziel or Clowney next year.. wait, this is actually inspired, really great.... tank the draft to set up tanking the season... hmmm.... i get it now... ok I agree, Nassib and Patterson. You are brilliant.

Nassib will be there. The rest will be gone by the time we pick

This

Especially Patterson though he will be available for a pick longer than he should be if we waste the 8th pick in the draft on Nassib. That will be a boon to everyone who picks after our first round pick and before our second.

This will sound dumb because it is the same player... But a Nassib drafted in the 1st or early 2nd is better than a Nassib drafted in the 3rd. If the Bills or someone picks him up early then that tells me that someone believes he may just be a franchise QB. But a Nassib picked in the 3rd means to me that they feel he is not and has severe flaws.

I know this sounds dumb as it is the same player, I just don't think every team needing a QB or backup would pass on someone they feel is close to the real deal.

Bash away.

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan

This will sound dumb because it is the same player... But a Nassib drafted in the 1st or early 2nd is not as good as a Nassib drafted in the 3rd. If the Bills or someone picks him up early then that tells me that someone believes he may just be a franchise QB. But a Nassib picked in the 3rd means to me that they feel he is not and has severe flaws.

I know this sounds dumb as it is the same player, I just don't think every team needing a QB or backup would pass on someone they feel is close to the real deal.

Bash away.

This would also determine when they're going to start him, the 8th pick has a better chance to start versus the ~72 pick.

This would also determine when they're going to start him, the 8th pick has a better chance to start versus the ~72 pick.

That's probably true. If he is chosen at #8, Marrone would likely say we're going to have an open competition at QB and there would be a chance that Nassib would beat out Kolb in training camp and pre-season. If I HAD to choose, I would think that Kolb beats him out for the starting job at first, but I wouldn't be completely surprised to see Nassib win the job (because Marrone would have been shown to have a ton of confidence in the pick)

If he was chosen in round three, Marrone will still say that we're going to have an open competition at QB but it would mostly be a sham, and Kolb would have to totally tank as well as Nassib totally shine for Nassib to win the opening day job. And the likelihood would be way less because Marrone wouldn't have that confidence in him, otherwise he would have convinced Nix to take him at 8 or 41.

That's probably true. If he is chosen at #8, Marrone would likely say we're going to have an open competition at QB and there would be a chance that Nassib would beat out Kolb in training camp and pre-season. If I HAD to choose, I would think that Kolb beats him out for the starting job at first, but I wouldn't be completely surprised to see Nassib win the job (because Marrone would have been shown to have a ton of confidence in the pick)

If he was chosen in round three, Marrone will still say that we're going to have an open competition at QB but it would mostly be a sham, and Kolb would have to totally tank as well as Nassib totally shine for Nassib to win the opening day job. And the likelihood would be way less because Marrone wouldn't have that confidence in him, otherwise he would have convinced Nix to take him at 8 or 41.

Brilliantly written & true, thanks.