I just ate durian fruit...

The Poojer

A couple years ago a guy in my office came back from a stint with our company in Singapore. He put a dish of candy he brought back out in our office area to share, so I was walking by it and grabbed a piece, unwrapped it and popped it in my mouth without looking. I immediately spit it out and nearly vomited. I looked at the wrapper and it was durian flavored candy. :sick: Vile, wretched stuff. I can't imagine the real thing.

I used to live in Chinatown in NYC and had it there, they were expensive! bigger and not as good as what we have in Thailand. I don't eat it much, I do like dragon fruit though and have a big plant that I am hoping will be harvest-able this year. It never has made one in three years though.

A couple years ago a guy in my office came back from a stint with our company in Singapore. He put a dish of candy he brought back out in our office area to share, so I was walking by it and grabbed a piece, unwrapped it and popped it in my mouth without looking. I immediately spit it out and nearly vomited. I looked at the wrapper and it was durian flavored candy. :sick: Vile, wretched stuff. I can't imagine the real thing.

The smell of ripe Durian fruit is overpowering in Singapore, due to the heat. Public buses there actually display little red circle+bar icons over durian fruit. No ****.