OBD visits today: Bray, Patterson, McDonald and Thomas

I would not touch Bray before round 4. He had 2 OUTSTANDING WRs and really did not excel. Between Cordarelle Patterson and Justin Hunter, he had a better set of WRs than he is likely to see in the NFL. Now, I understand that he might have the best "arm talent" in the class, but what makes him likely to improve in the NFL against better competition with lesser WRs?

I would not touch Bray before round 4. He had 2 OUTSTANDING WRs and really did not excel. Between Cordarelle Patterson and Justin Hunter, he had a better set of WRs than he is likely to see in the NFL. Now, I understand that he might have the best "arm talent" in the class, but what makes him likely to improve in the NFL against better competition with lesser WRs?

I think he did put up numbers with them. They were not a good team. He is an underclasseman also. One thing to remember when looking at guys like Tyler Bray and Mike Glennon, they attempt much more difficult throws then guys like Geno Smith and EJ Manuel did. So yeah, the comp % is lower but the difficulty is higher.

One thing I actually liked when I watched Tyler Bray is that he played with an attitude.

I saw him jawing with defensive players.

Now this could be the immature punk in him a la Jay Cutler.

Or it could be his competitive spirit.

Glennon on the other hand left me very unimpressed as far as discernible temperament.

One thing I actually liked when I watched Tyler Bray is that he played with an attitude.

I saw him jawing with defensive players.

Now this could be the immature punk in him a la Jay Cutler.

Or it could be his competitive spirit.

Glennon on the other hand left me very unimpressed as far as discernible temperament.

i've never seen this kid play, but from what information i've gathered on him (mostly opinions from tbd'ers) it sounds like a pretty good mix of both. and while a guy letting the fire burn in him could be a good thing, especially at qb, it could also be a quick self destruct machanism.

but the "arm talent" combined with attitude and fire could be an amazing combo. in the end, i think there is a reason no one is talking this kid up as a high pick. it'll be interesting to follow the maturation process of mr. bray.

I'd call the WR evaluation GREATLY exaggerated. He had two good prospects, not two nfl receivers yet alone two better than average nfl receivers. There's reason to believe neither ever amount to top end receivers. Heck, in August neither was even the best on their college roster.