Lawrence Okoye - British Olympian

Exactly as I've been saying - Buffalo needs to use it's later round picks and UDFA contracts on players with comparable measurables to the highly rated guys going in RD 1 and 2 - but who are overlooked due to small school, perhaps circumstantial under-production, in this particular case NO production, or in the case of honey badger, a problem with drugs. If Buffalo cannot compete with the other teams in the NFL in FA, then they've got to develop an edge somewhere else. If I were running the show, I'd have a separate department just for scouting and uncovering small school / or under the radar type players. They are out there - every year we see UDFA's, or Canadian football players coming in and having success, and every year I get frustrated that Buffalo - desperate as they should be, didn't UNCOVER EVERY STONE in attempts at getting better!

Edited by KeisterHollow

If the Bills are going to draft Olympian's I like this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34SVc9BMi18

I remember watching guys like him on ABC Wide World of Sports...those were the days. A great event (that ranks right up there with watching Jean Claude Kille (sp?) in downhill skiing). Thanks for that Jim.

Arguably the greatest strongman in history, American Bill Kazmaier failed a tryout with the Green Bay Packers.

It's uphill to the NFL if you haven't played an appreciable amount of actual football.

Another thing about NFL players is that they have a very high threshold of pain and/or a high threshold for painkillers.

Not everyone is willing to make those kind of sacrifices.

I remember watching guys like him on ABC Wide World of Sports...those were the days. A great event (that ranks right up there with watching Jean Claude Kille (sp?) in downhill skiing). Thanks for that Jim.

I watched weight lifting every time it was on TV[it rarely was] and always wondered how someone capable of doing a 500 lb C&J could NOT be a good football player. In Particular Olympic lifting with the explosive strength it requires vs power lifting which is just a slow pull.