Draft trade idea

So a lot of people (including myself) are for trading down to pick up some extra picks. On the same note, a lot of people support trading back into the end of the first to get a QB. So here's an idea (obviously the other teams have to be willing to make these moves):

Trade the 8th pick to the Vikings for the 23rd pick, the 25th pick and a late rounder.

Package our second round with the 25th pick overall to the Saints for the 15th pick overall.

Essentially what happens here for us: we pick up an extra late round pick, and we have traded back to get better value at the 15 spot as well as trading back into the first round to draft our QB at 23.

1. You're picking in the top 10 for a reason, take a top 10 talent

2. I don't see a player that the Vikings would covet enough to move up that high. They can get a likely starter at both WR and CB (their 2 biggest needs) right where they are. I doubt both Keenan Allen and DeAndre Hopkins will be gone, and they should be able to get Desmond Trufant or Jonathan Banks as well.

It's a very unlikely scenario IMO

2. I don't see a player that the Vikings would covet enough to move up that high. They can get a likely starter at both WR and CB (their 2 biggest needs) right where they are. I doubt both Keenan Allen and DeAndre Hopkins will be gone, and they should be able to get Desmond Trufant or Jonathan Banks as well.

As is everything else mentioned on an internet forum for the most part.

They could covet Cordarrelle Patterson or Xavier Rhodes. It's just a general idea, but it would be smart for us I think.

I'm all for trading down, but I would only trade back if some real gem of a player we really needed fell to 15. I don't see any QB that I would trade back to 15 to pick up. We have so many major holes and need all the picks we can get. I think there will be so many excellent value picks at LB, TE and WR in the late first and plenty of QBs worth a gamble in the 2nd. I don't see any QBs with a talent worth a mid to high 1st round pick. Just because the market demand may make them 1st round picks does not make them first round talent. No reaches, no desperation picks.

As is everything else mentioned on an internet forum for the most part.

They could covet Cordarrelle Patterson or Xavier Rhodes. It's just a general idea, but it would be smart for us I think.

I understand your point.

I disagree that it's all unlikely, though...I just don't see a big enough difference between a WR or CB they'd get at 8 and the ones they'd get at 23 & 25.

IMO, if a team moves up to 8, it's going to be San Diego, New Orleans, or Miami for an OT like Lane Johnson or a pass rusher like Ansah or Jones.

bit.ly/10KLdq2

thumbup.gif

Right on - The Bills already have a ton of younger guys.

What's the point of getting an extra one of this year's version of Nigel Bradham, Aaron Williams, Kelvin Sheppard, Da'Norris Searcy, TJ Graham, etc... at the expense of a top ten talent aka likely immediate starter and difference maker?