Official Bills Pre-Draft Visits and Private Workouts

I could live with Vaccaro, but he's just not physical enough for SS... Swearinger is by far the better athlete, and physical presence. My fave tho, is Devonte Holloman, he projects as LB, but is an easy transition to strong safety IMO.

Did you check out that video of Cooper Taylor? If you like a physical SS, feast your eyes on that dude.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you check out that video of Cooper Taylor? If you like a physical SS, feast your eyes on that dude.

Daniel Jeremiah always raves about Jonathan Cyprien. I haven't seen him much but he could be a round 2 guy. I just can't see the Bills using a top 10 pick on Vaccaro despite the potential of losing Byrd.

http://blogs.buffalo...-list-up-to-11/

NFL teams are allowed to conduct 30 pre-draft visits at their team facility. They typically include interviews and meetings, but not on-field workouts. Here’s the complete list of the Bills pre-draft visitors so far:

April 2 [READ MORE]

QB E.J. Manuel, Florida State

SS Cooper Taylor, Richmond

FS Malcolm Bronson, McNeese State

April 3 [READ MORE]

QB Mike Glennon, NC State

LB Jamie Collins, Southern Miss.

SS Jonathan Meeks, Clemson

WR Russell Shepard, LSU

April 4 [READ MORE]

QB Geno Smith, West Virginia

WR Ryan Swope, Texas A&M

S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas

LB Kevin Minter, LSU

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Thanks for the recommendation. However, I'd already heard of Cooper, and checked him out on youtube. In the only Richmond game I saw last season, Taylor didn't stand out. Nothing against the Colonial Athletic League, but there's no comparison to the SEC talentwise.

To be able to do what DJ Swearinger, and Matt Elam do in the best college football conference there is, requires almost super-human talent. Swearinger is an absolute monster safety. He can't be stopped. He won't be denied. Stand Swearinger next to Taylor, and you'll see that even from a physical standpoint, there's no comparison.

And it's not just power. Swearinger plays with the reckless abandon of a young Palomalu. He's Instinctive. Hits hard. -Zero fear. To me, that's the difference between a talented player, and a weapon on the field.

Our FO needs to stop looking for kids that fit-in, and hone in on kids who stand out.

IMO, DJ Swearinger is definitely one of the latter.

Thanks for the recommendation. However, I'd already heard of Cooper, and checked him out on youtube. In the only Richmond game I saw last season, Taylor didn't stand out. Nothing against the Colonial Athletic League, but there's no comparison to the SEC talentwise.

To be able to do what DJ Swearinger, and Matt Elam do in the best college football conference there is, requires almost super-human talent. Swearinger is an absolute monster safety. He can't be stopped. He won't be denied. Stand Swearinger next to Taylor, and you'll see that even from a physical standpoint, there's no comparison.

And it's not just power. Swearinger plays with the reckless abandon of a young Palomalu. He's Instinctive. Hits hard. -Zero fear. To me, that's the difference between a talented player, and a weapon on the field.

Our FO needs to stop looking for kids that fit-in, and hone in on kids who stand out.

I endorse this post. I love Swearinger. He is Palomalu 2.0. He singlehandedly dominated games against the top competition in the country - never seen anyting like it. Only knock is that he ran a 4.7. But he plays much faster than that.

I respect your opinion of Swearinger, but I've got a small bone to pick here:

Stand Swearinger next to Taylor, and you'll see that even from a physical standpoint, there's no comparison

Looking at the two, Taylor is 7 inches taller and nearly 30 lbs heavier, so I've got to disagree with your point there.

As for the two players, I do like Swearinger quite a bit, but I'm not for taking a safety in the first 3 rounds, which is where he'll go. That's why I like Taylor...he can be had in round 5, and I think he'll become a Kam Chancellor type player.

Updated:

NFL teams are allowed to conduct 30 pre-draft visits at their team facility. They typically include interviews and meetings, but not on-field workouts. Here’s the complete list of the Bills pre-draft visitors so far:

April 2 [READ MORE]

QB E.J. Manuel, Florida State

SS Cooper Taylor, Richmond

FS Malcolm Bronson, McNeese State

April 3 [READ MORE]

QB Mike Glennon, NC State

LB Jamie Collins, Southern Miss.

SS Jonathan Meeks, Clemson

WR Russell Shepard, LSU

April 4 [READ MORE]

QB Geno Smith, West Virginia

WR Ryan Swope, Texas A&M

S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas

LB Kevin Minter, LSU

April 5 [READ MORE]

QB Landry Jones, Oklahoma

OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia

TE Ryan Griffin, Connecticut

I respect your opinion of Swearinger, but I've got a small bone to pick here:

Stand Swearinger next to Taylor, and you'll see that even from a physical standpoint, there's no comparison

Looking at the two, Taylor is 7 inches taller and nearly 30 lbs heavier, so I've got to disagree with your point there.

As for the two players, I do like Swearinger quite a bit, but I'm not for taking a safety in the first 3 rounds, which is where he'll go. That's why I like Taylor...he can be had in round 5, and I think he'll become a Kam Chancellor type player.

If picking BONES is what you're into, then Taylor is definitely your guy. This kid is a lanky 6'5" 227 pounder. -Ideal, if you're a QB prospect, but for a starting NFL strong safety? :cry:

Compare that to the 6'0" 210-pound pile of neckless, rippling, muscles commonly referred to as DJ Swearinger. -Intimidating enough as a pure athlete, but then his mad-scientist creator endowed him with killer instincts, a high-output motor, and a SERIOUS apetite for destruction.

Consider too, that on paper, Ryan Fitzpatrick (6'2" 225) towers over the diminutive Troy Palomalu (5'10" 207) -But who would your money be on in a physical, or athletic contest?

Here's a hint: DON'T TAKE FITZPATRICK!

Taylor may have some talent, but he's FAR from a next level game-changer. I take swearinger over that kid ALL DAY.

Edited by #34fan

If picking BONES is what you're into, then Taylor is definitely your guy. This kid is a lanky 6'5" 227 pounder. -Ideal, if you're a QB prospect, but for a starting NFL strong safety? :cry:

Compare that to the 6'0" 210-pound pile of neckless, rippling, muscles commonly referred to as DJ Swearinger. -Intimidating enough as a pure athlete, but then his mad-scientist creator endowed him with killer instincts, a high-output motor, and a SERIOUS apetite for destruction.

Consider too, that on paper, Ryan Fitzpatrick (6'2" 225) towers over the diminutive Troy Palomalu (5'10" 207) -But who would your money be on in a physical, or athletic contest?

Here's a hint: DON'T TAKE FITZPATRICK!

Taylor may have some talent, but he's FAR from a next level game-changer. I take swearinger over that kid ALL DAY.

Um, did you read my post? I distinctly remember saying that I wasn't willing to draft a safety early enough to get Swearinger, not that I didn't want him over Taylor.

Also, you do sound a bit--infatuated--with the guy...not that there's anything wrong with that...

Um, did you read my post? I distinctly remember saying that I wasn't willing to draft a safety early enough to get Swearinger, not that I didn't want him over Taylor.

Also, you do sound a bit--infatuated--with the guy...not that there's anything wrong with that...

:lol:

Okay! Okay! -I may have crossed a line with the "rippling muscle" part, but dang if it ain't true.

In fairness, you admit above that you "want him" over Taylor. -I wasn't gonna say anything, but..... :nana:

All day but not every day?

Not six ways till Sunday?

Your post lacked conviction.

:nana:

:rolleyes: Seriously? Six ways to Sunday? -Sounds like somebody needs an "Old Guys Rule" T-Shirt.

Old guys do rule you whippersnapper!

Now get off a my lawn (or something like that).

My whippersnapping days are LONG GONE... I'm just hoping for a superbowl ring before the dirt nap. (like a lot of us, I suspect)

:lol:

Okay! Okay! -I may have crossed a line with the "rippling muscle" part, but dang if it ain't true.

In fairness, you admit above that you "want him" over Taylor. -I wasn't gonna say anything, but..... :nana:

:rolleyes: Seriously? Six ways to Sunday? -Sounds like somebody needs an "Old Guys Rule" T-Shirt.

Indeed, wanting him over another man may have been a poor choice of words...