Looks like I need to Evacuate... tommorrow by 2

stevestojan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You've mentioned that you will be transporting your pooch. Be sure you have a stable bowl for water as you travel. Traveling pets are nervous pets, and they transpire a lot of water, so you gotta have a ready source of fluid replenishment for them.

Get some ready-made treats, too.

A gallon milk or water jug with the top cut off works well.

Edited by stuckincincy

You've mentioned that you will be transporting your pooch.  Be sure you have a stable bowl for water as you travel. Traveling pets are nervous pets, and they transpire a lot of water, so you gotta have a ready source of fluid replenishment for them.

Get some ready-made treats, too.

A gallon milk or water jug with the top cut off works well.

14870[/snapback]

haha. i just checked. I am 2 blocks WEST of areas forced to evacuate... So, people who live two blocks east of me need to go, but I can stay...

Im sure Fraces won't want to travel those two blocks to get me!

A woman here just got back from Home Depot and said it was a circus there. Said that the only sheets of plywood left were $40 sheet (musta been pretty damn thick plywood). She also said she watch a pallet of flashlights go while she was waiting in line... damn... I better go to Publix before all the friggin beer is gone.

A woman here just got back from Home Depot and said it was a circus there. Said that the only sheets of plywood left were $40 sheet (musta been pretty damn thick plywood). She also said she watch a pallet of flashlights go while she was waiting in line... damn... I better go to Publix before all the friggin beer is gone.

14900[/snapback]

Steve it's good have an optomistic outlook but beleive me you don't want to get caught with your pants down by this thing. Take all the precautions you can, batten down the hatches and drink lightly while this is going on. I'm just south of you and things around here are not crazy but people are taking it seriously.

Take care. BD

Poor Florida  (Did I say that?)

The Dolphins have had one of the most bizarre off seasons in NFL, and now the state is going to be hit with a major Hurricane for the SECOND time within 2 weeks.

14911[/snapback]

Don't prod the bears,

BTW, stevestojan, get the !@#$ out now. Why are you even playing around? Don't be a dork about everything your whole life.

Don't prod the bears,

BTW, stevestojan, get the !@#$ out now.  Why are you even playing around?  Don't be a dork about everything your whole life.

14912[/snapback]

First of all, Im at work. Can't just up and leave. The storm isnt supposed to hit till saturday. I dont have a place to "go" to. Closest family is 1500 miles away. i do have friends that live down here, and they live about 15 miles west (farther inland).

I really cant just up and start driving north or west, because its still 3 days away, and it could turn still. Gotta wait it out till at least tomorrow night.

And you're the dork :blink:

First of all, Im at work. Can't just up and leave. The storm isnt supposed to hit till saturday. I dont have a place to "go" to. Closest family is 1500 miles away. i do have friends that live down here, and they live about 15 miles west (farther inland).

I really cant just up and start driving north or west, because its still 3 days away, and it could turn still. Gotta wait it out till at least tomorrow night.

And you're the dork :blink:

14925[/snapback]

Ummm. Hotel. Go see a game in NO, Atl, somewhere. I guess it's better to get yourself killed then to leave right after work today.

Ummm.  Hotel.  Go see a game in NO, Atl, somewhere.  I guess it's better to get yourself killed then to leave right after work today.

14929[/snapback]

well no... of course not. And im not trying to be a jackass about it. The issue is, it could still turn. But, I will be going to my friends apt friday after work (if i come to work, which i doubt) who lives several miles inland. Really the best I can do. My house, as i mentioned, is rented, so since the landlord decided not to provide us with storm shutters, and we have 13 windows in the house, I guess he's !@#$ed if something happens.

(yeah, we have 13 windows... one in each bathroom) whoever built my house was a fuggin jackass.