Bills FO not the only ones that screw up! ELWAY (not)

Buftex

But like for many other organizations, FAX is still the official accepted mode of communication. It is a shame because, my iphone app can do a much better job of scanning and sending a document than a stupid FAX machine.

Why wouldn't the NFL provide a Web based software for agents/players to put in all their paper work online?

I know, I know. I assume because it is a hard copy that comes into one office line w/a set time stamp. Can a fax be manipulated like computer files?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But like for many other organizations, FAX is still the official accepted mode of communication. It is a shame because, my iphone app can do a much better job of scanning and sending a document than a stupid FAX machine.

Why wouldn't the NFL provide a Web based software for agents/players to put in all their paper work online?

Do we know for sure they don't?

It seems odd that they'd have some fax machine at league headquarters that is the one and only totally official method to communicate any and every trade, release, signing, claim etc.... There's got to be something electronic, no?

I have an app like that too. It's awesome, like a scanner in your pocket.

But, I agree. Most companies still rely on faxing, which is based on pre-Internet technology. I think it has to do with people's continued obsession with having a hard copy.

But not every business still relies on fax. I just bought a house and all of my offers were done via electronic signatures. So, the tide is slowly turning. That said, when I think of the NFL possibly migrating to online signatures, I get a picture of Buddy Nix in my head and I quickly dismiss the possibity.