Buddy = Hypocrite

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the feeling that Nix relaized last year that Levitre was going to ask for big money and the team knew it could not give it to him. Why offer him what you think he is worth and is slotted on the teams cap budget? Levitre is a good guard but really, is he a top 5 or top 10? I am sure that he is top 20.

I get the feeling that Nix relaized last year that Levitre was going to ask for big money and the team knew it could not give it to him. Why offer him what you think he is worth and is slotted on the teams cap budget? Levitre is a good guard but really, is he a top 5 or top 10? I am sure that he is top 20.

Nix couldn't figure out that three years of tape on Ryan Fitzpatrick should predict his future ceiling, not 3 games. He's not a savvy man. Not on who to re-sign or who to draft. His claim to fame is not completely missing in the first round and perhaps his skill at dumpster diving on the UDFA and waiver wire given the likes of Erik Pears and Kraig Urbik. Aside from that he's a half-step up from his two predecessors who weren't personnel guys, one of whom is now his boss.

Nix does not operate in a vaccuum and gets input from all in management. The money men help structure teams and each position is given value and what they are willing to pay. I watched this explanation to how teams manage roster by Brian Billick. It is how Ozzie Newsome, a very good GM, runs the Baltimore roster. You may not like Nix but he, Russ Brandon and Jim Overdorf have the team salary structure in place and they run the team by it. It is normal operating procedure in the business side of the NFL. Levitre was not worth resigning at the price he wanted. Tennessee overpaid but that is on them.

If I recall correctly on numerous times Buddy has stated one of the problems with this organization in the past is that they would let talented players leave instead of resigning them. Yet he let's Levitre walk without a contract offer. The lack of an offer screams of a Jeffrey Littmann decision (a la not paying Will Wolford). The cycle of failure continues at One Bills Drive......

What was the story on Littman with Wilford? I always blamed Wilford for signing that escalator contract that no way the Bills could match.............I think that was then outlawed, and I kept hearing about the Bills getting compensatory picks, and I swear we never actually did get anything.