Get Seattle on the phone, Sidney Rice might be available!

I live in the Seattle market.....

Seattle didnt do this to trade sidney Rice....

they did this move in part to prevent SF from getting him, and it adds an element to their offense and complements Rice.

The issue now is with Baldwin and and Golden Tate. Both are in the last year of their contracts so effectivly this year could involve trading one of them or them playing out to see who is resigned.

The team is playing to win now. they can absorb a contract for Percy Harvin now because of their cap space and they have a bunch of starts still on cheap EL contracts.

Next season is when cap casualties could happen with them.

I agree, but there are many news reports that Sidney is the odd man out due to his large contract. He hasnt been utilitzed as it was originally thought he would be in the Seattle offense, and they may want to just draft a wideout and save themselves a lot of money. They do have Zach Miller, Percy Harvin, Golden Tate, and Baldwin along with a great running game.

I agree, but there are many news reports that Sidney is the odd man out due to his large contract. He hasnt been utilitzed as it was originally thought he would be in the Seattle offense, and they may want to just draft a wideout and save themselves a lot of money. They do have Zach Miller, Percy Harvin, Golden Tate, and Baldwin along with a great running game.

If they dump Rice they are fools. He was great last year and had many game winning catches. He's money. He's the kind of guy I dream of Buffalo getting someday.