Kiper mock 3.0

Dat Dude

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am almost as much against Jones as I was against Maybin

Bills are not in a position to take a risk on a player at 8 no matter how small a risk some might think it is

Edited by Max997

Wasn't Thurman Running Back 34 in Tecmo Bowl?

First and foremost, that is Tecmo Super Bowl. The greatest video game of all-time, sports or otherwise. Period, end of story. And no, every player in the game allowed their name to be used save for three: Kelly, Cunningham and Kosar (who are QB Bills, QB Eagles and QB Browns respectively). Newbs will tell you how great Randall is- and he's good, don't get me wrong- but if you know how to play defense, the Eagles are very beatable. Same with the Raiders and Bo Jackson. You wanna play me and be the Raiders? I'll beat you with the Bucs. Jay Schroeder sucks. It is far more important to have a good QB. And also very critical that you have a fast DB. Testaverde is underrated. I could go all night...

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I agree and disagree, you can never have too many pass rushing monsters in Pettine's D and Jones is compared to Von Miller. There is a huge risk however with his health, u must weigh out risk vs. reward with him at #8. The linebacker I really like is his teamate Alec Ogletree.

None of the "experts" on this board have a clue as to Jones' supposed "health issues" - he played his entire college career after the initial diagnosis; a mild form of spinal stenosis, which is a narrowing of the spinal canal. At this point in his life (young & active), this will be monitored but is relatively benign.

None of the "experts" on this board have a clue as to Jones' supposed "health issues" - he played his entire college career after the initial diagnosis; a mild form of spinal stenosis, which is a narrowing of the spinal canal. At this point in his life (young & active), this will be monitored but is relatively benign.

I've never ever made any comment about Jones because as you point out, none of us have any clue.

However your bolded words above are kind of ironic.

Bills are not in a position to take a risk on a player at 8 no matter how small a risk some might think it is

What is the risk? Not the spinal stenonsis, I hope

That's garbage. USC team doctors have that opinion, but apparently the SEC sees no issue. No credible doctor would allow him to play and incur a catastrophic injury if they had any concerns.

1. If we pick Eddie Lacy I will cry. Running back is our only solid position on the whole offense. Are you guys serious?

2. Please dont compare Jarvis Jones to Aaron maybin. That is just laughable. Not to mention just because we have Mario Williams and invested a lot of money does not mean that we have a pass rush. We still had one of the worst in the league. WE NEED PASS RUSHERS!

3. This team has so many holes that it would be real tough to miss on the #8 overall. We need to keep Levitre here though. We finally have a nice oline for the first time in years. Lets not dismantle it before they ever reach their potential.

Who isn't a risk? They all have pros and cons.

I've never ever made any comment about Jones because as you point out, none of us have any clue.

However your bolded words above are kind of ironic.

how are my words you bolded ironic? I thought I made a straightforward opinion...........I'm curious what you mean

how are my words you bolded ironic? I thought I made a straightforward opinion...........I'm curious what you mean

Because the blue sentence states that no one has a clue about his health issues and then the brown sentence attempts to make an informed statement about his health issues.

Because the blue sentence states that no one has a clue about his health issues and then the brown sentence attempts to make an informed statement about his health issues.

maybe it's because I have lived with spinal stenosis quite comfortably since my early twenties, so I can speak confidently from direct experience. Does that now make my statement an informed one ?

maybe it's because I have lived with spinal stenosis quite comfortably since my early twenties, so I can speak confidently from direct experience. Does that now make my statement an informed one ?

It lends more credibility but the same rules apply.

You're not a physician, you haven't seen his X-rays and scans.

And even if you were and you had, I'm thinking when one physician declares him a risk and another one doesn't that Jones' medical condition is probably in a grey area.

NONE of us know. Even the doctors don't really "know."

It lends more credibility but the same rules apply.

You're not a physician, you haven't seen his X-rays and scans.

And even if you were and you had, I'm thinking when one physician declares him a risk and another one doesn't that Jones' medical condition is probably in a grey area.

NONE of us know. Even the doctors don't really "know."

that pretty much sums it up..... Jones could wind up leading a long & healthy career, while another high draft pick with a clean bill of health could blow out his knee in training camp. It's a crapshoot.

that pretty much sums it up..... Jones could wind up leading a long & healthy career, while another high draft pick with a clean bill of health could blow out his knee in training camp. It's a crapshoot.

Anyways, I don't know how I feel about Jones.

I know he's a great football player.