Troy Smith - QB - Ohio State

Yes, and I had forgotten him. But I guess there's no former failed QB so irrelevant that the Bills shouldn't have him in to "kick the tires". Cause after all, you never know when several years of performance history are going to be reversed in two weeks of training camp.

Exactly! There are some here who are OK with bringing in Jamarcus Russell, for chrissakes!!

Is there any other fanbase that is "kicking the tires" on guys like this??

I blame Ralph for this thread.

Exactly! There are some here who are OK with bringing in Jamarcus Russell, for chrissakes!!

Is there any other fanbase that is "kicking the tires" on guys like this??

I blame Ralph for this thread.

The Jets just had Garrard, who sat out all of last season and missed most of the year before in to "kick the tires"............

But your right, why waste time looking at every possible option out there to try and fix this team. It costs nothing to bring in these guys to take a look and "kick the tires", and you never know, you might find something decent. The Bills should just stick to whats been working so well for them in the past, building with mediocre FAs, the draft and UDFAs............

Edited by apuszczalowski

The Jets just had Garrard, who sat out all of last season and missed most of the year before in to "kick the tires"............

But your right, why waste time looking at every possible option out there to try and fix this team. It costs nothing to bring in these guys to take a look and "kick the tires", and you never know, you might find something decent. The Bills should just stick to whats been working so well for them in the past, building with mediocre FAs, the draft and UDFAs............

Actually, that's false. They either have to fly the guy in or someone out to take a look. So there is a real cost there as well as the cost in time and organizational attention taken away from getting other valuable work done. Frankly, I've never seen a business that simply on-site interviews every single person out there as part of their evaluation process on the premise "it costs nothing".

I don't know that i will ever understand the thinking behind some of the moves made in the NFL.

We all know that V Young has the tools to win, he's proven it & if you look at his win/lose record there is no argument. It's just some team wanting to invest the time to get him up to speed & play to his strengths, which I THOUGHT that was what Gailey was all about & was jazzed last year when they brought him in here.

I thought with some time there was no way that he wouldn't be our starter, & if he was given that chance he couldn't have done any worse last year than either Thigpen of T Jacks b/c neither of them saw the field.

With guys with the talent of Troy Smith out there I think he is just another Drew Brees waiting to get his shot but more than likely won't b/c of his height & not his talent .

For teams like the Bills to keep & pay a guy like Thigpen for 2 years while others like Smith & Young are out there unemployed just blows my mind !!

GO FIGURE !!!

Edited by T master

Actually, that's false. They either have to fly the guy in or someone out to take a look. So there is a real cost there as well as the cost in time and organizational attention taken away from getting other valuable work done. Frankly, I've never seen a business that simply on-site interviews every single person out there as part of their evaluation process on the premise "it costs nothing".

Minor costs, and the guys that would be taking a look at him, thats what their job is, to look at and evaluate potential players for the organisation. As for it taking valuable time away from getting other valuable work done, like what kind of work? Evaluating potential players to add to the roster?

This isn't comparable to other businesses, where people come to you and apply for a position to come work at your business. This is a business where there are very few people who can do the job well and you have to go out and get them. Theres potential for players to go unnoticed and "slip through the cracks" because of a bad situation.