TE is not even in the top 5 for upgrades needed

LabattBlue

I agree, and upgrading Posey is a very overlooked need for this team IMO.

197453[/snapback]

I would bet that replacing Posey doesn't even cross TDs mind. Posey may not be Takeo, but I don't think he's a liability either.

I agree, and upgrading Posey is a very overlooked need for this team IMO.

197453[/snapback]

when are people going to realize that, due to the salary cap, you cannot have a star at every position? posey is just fine and the bills are getting good bang for their buck.......

posey is a problem, but his cap sitution means we dont save ANYTHING from cutting him. and i dout he has much trade value.

who would trade for bledsoe??? keep him as a backup and teacher for JP. he already restructured his contract, and there are only 2 years left on it.

and TE is not a problem. but if A. Gates is available and we have the cash, we have to make a run at him.

game changing players are usually expensive, but worth it.

we need a 3rd corner. or maybe a good #2 cover corner. McGee is good but gets beat by the better recievers. if i see J. Greer on the field i will go CRAZY!!!!!

we need an OT if jennings goes.

we need an OG cus neather is great, but 1 is awful. (i dont know his name).

we need a backup RB. i like the 180 lbs rb, but when McGahee comes out of the game (like he does every game.. :P ) we need a RB that can pick up 3rd and 2.

we need Reed to play like his rookie year. not the previous 2. :P

who would trade for bledsoe??? keep him as a backup and teacher for JP. he already restructured his contract, and there are only 2 years left on it.

I agree on keeping Bledsoe to b/u JP 100%. As long as Drew isn't displaying his usual pat pat method and starting. The cap hit would be too much and lets face it no one in their right mind would trade for him. But if someone is stupid enough to like say for instance Dallas, let him go for a forth or fifth round pick.

TE is not a problem. but if A. Gates is available and we have the cash, we have to make a run at him.

You're right TE isn't a problem at all. And Gates will be way to expensive so scratch that.

we need a 3rd corner. or maybe a good #2 cover corner. McGee is good but gets beat by the better recievers. if i see J. Greer on the field i will go CRAZY!!!!!

Disagree McGee has all the tools necessary to excell in the NFL. All he needs is more playing time and experience. Besides we aready have too much money wrapped up in our secondary.

we need an OT if jennings goes.

Agreed.

we need a backup RB. i like the 180 lbs rb, but when McGahee comes out of the game (like he does every game.. :D ) we need a RB that can pick up 3rd and 2.

Keep Travis and Williams unless we can get a second for Travis if not he plays the rest of his contract out.

we need Reed to play like his rookie year. not the previous 2.  :D
JR was injured most of the year and hopefully the coaching staff looks past this and decides on some other alternative. I'm sick of his play as well and it might be an option to move Aiken to the slot if he works hard in the off season and proves to the coaches that he can be an impact player in the NFL>

Keep Travis and Williams unless we can get a second for Travis if not he plays the rest of his contract out.

197626[/snapback]

do you think henry will be willing to be McGahees backup after he said repeatedly he doesnt want to be a backup? and wants to be traded if hes not the starter...

i do like the long reply breaking down my long post... :D:D

do you think henry will be willing to be McGahees backup after he said repeatedly he doesnt want to be a backup? and wants to be traded if hes not the starter...

i do like the long reply breaking down my long post...  :D  :D

197653[/snapback]

Who cares whether he likes it or not. The bottom line is he's under contract through 2005. If we can't get a second rounder or early third rounder for him then keep him on the team and make him happy some how. Yeah he won't be happy but imo he's not as great as he thinks he is. Oh and you're welcome I was just bored. :)

We have one of the best defenses in the league! Posey is fine. I don't think we need a top shelf CB, but I with the nickel and dime packages were stronger. If Pat leaves, I'd say DT, too.

On the offense, another guard would be nice. Our second round pick might take care of that. If Jennings is gone, a center would likely become a need if Teague returned to LT. As for TE, the injury bug bit'em. As long as they heal, we're OK.

My prioritized list:

1. KICKER!!! I still think TD's biggest blunder was letting Christie go...

2. Guard or Center

3. CB

4. A really smart QB with limited skills aka Reich aka Van Pelt who can help Losman the way Reich helped Kelly.

5. DT If Pat is gone, Tim Anderson might replace him, but who would have thought Pat and Sam could go the whole season without getting hurt?

6. RB High if Henry is gone, but somehow I think Travis will be a Bill in September

7. WR This goes to #2 if Moulds gets let go, and a FA signing would be better than another mid round rookie...

Te is a top 5 need imo . We don't have a reliable 3rd wr. Who knows maybe aiken will turn out to be that guy. However you can't underestimate the value of a sure handed te. Obviouisly we're not gonna get an Antonio Gates, or Tony Gonzalez, but the position could definitly use an upgrade. A Bubba Franks, Freddie Jones, or by drafting someone like alex smith out of Stanford, but as far as ranking out needs I'd go.

1. OG/C- Spout off what you want, about teagues improvement, Tukers Nasty Streak. I still see this as a weakness, Barely any push on the inside run game. We still get most of our yard off tackle, and adequate pass protection from the middle. A David Baas Michican, or CJ Brooks- Maryland would be nice to have

2. safety- Milloy and vincent aren't getting any younger, and our depth in this position is kind of blah. I doubt he'll fall this far in the draft, but a Thomas Davis out of Georgia would be a good option and successor to milloy. Baker might be the guy at fs.

3. De- To Me this is why we lose games against the big dogs. We rely too heavily on our lb's and secondary to create pressure, and when we don't get there we leave inexperienced corners like terrance mcgee in no mans land. Thus why he's been eaten up in coverage during times this season. I'd go the free agent route here. A John Abraham or a Darren Howard.

4. K- Has to be relied on to win 2-3 games during the course of a season, on a defensive reliant team.

5 Te- A sure handed te, would improve our %'s on 3rd down conversions, redzone offense and to basically sustain drives, and a higher probability of scoring points. The best offenses in the nfl. The colts/Chiefs/Vikings, all have reliable te's. Now I'm not expecting a Tony Gonzalez or Gates, But like I said an Alex Smith out of Stanford, Bubba Franks or Freddie Jones, are all an upgrade over what we have.

Yes I left off qb. I don't think we're nearly as bad at the qb position that the people on this board make it seem. I want to give losman a chance, before I go off about how we need a qb. We don't need a qb to throw for 4000 yards and 30 tds a season. We need a guy that will make minimal mistakes, and not lose games. Give JP a chance