TD not "giving" Travis away

1billsfan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No translation is he is a good "running" running back.  He has some issues and yes he is a locker room cancer, but I would prefer to get a 3rd or 4th before I have to cut him prior to training camp.

197114[/snapback]

listen, I wouldn't exactly call travis a "cancer". He was good back dealt a bad hand and he handled it just fine. Dozens of other players would have blown up and pouted and this and that. Travis just folded under the pressure, not his fault, but he did. THen he got hurt and here we all are talking about what a piece of sh-- he is apparantly. Well, i refuse to downgrade my opinion of henry because without mcgahee he'd still be a more than acceptable option.

listen, I wouldn't exactly call travis a "cancer".  He was  good back dealt a bad hand and he handled it just fine.  Dozens of other players would have blown up and pouted and this and that.  Travis just folded under the pressure, not his fault, but he did.  THen he got hurt and here we all are talking about what a piece of sh-- he is apparantly.  Well, i refuse to downgrade my opinion of henry because without mcgahee he'd still be a more than acceptable option.

197133[/snapback]

problem is, he did pout.

If he wanted to up his trade value, he should have been standing, cheering, and greet Willis after EVERY one of his touchdowns... he can be thinking "you punk kid, i hope you're other knee goes", but his outward appearence was of a big pouting baby... if he had done the spectrum opposite, i bet you could EASILY get a 2nd rounder for him... shows character... teams like that.

No translation is he is a good "running" running back.  He has some issues and yes he is a locker room cancer, but I would prefer to get a 3rd or 4th before I have to cut him prior to training camp.

197114[/snapback]

Re: your "locker room cancer" comment, It was expressed by multiple team sources that TH handled his diminished role like a man and a professional. End of story. You were right on TH all along about his physical/mental abilities on the field. Why now make yourself look like a fool by spewing unfounded nonsense?

Re: your "locker room cancer" comment, It was expressed by multiple team sources that TH handled his diminished role like a man and a professional. End of story. You were right on TH all along about his physical/mental abilities on the field. Why now make yourself look like a fool by spewing unfounded nonsense?

197153[/snapback]

Something about a guy who picks up a girl at a gas station that turns out to be under-aged and has to renegotiate his contract because he's flat broke suddenly finding adulthood in a demotion just doesn't seem quite kosher to me.

Plus...it's extremely doubtul the team's going to say anything like "He's an immature punk and a locker room cancer" about a player they want to move.

Overall...I'll go with Henry's history of immaturity and poor judgement over the statements of people who have a vested interest in portraying him otherwise.

Something about a guy who picks up a girl at a gas station that turns out to be under-aged and has to renegotiate his contract because he's flat broke suddenly finding adulthood in a demotion just doesn't seem quite kosher to me. 

Plus...it's extremely doubtul the team's going to say anything like "He's an immature punk and a locker room cancer" about a player they want to move. 

Overall...I'll go with Henry's history of immaturity and poor judgement over the statements of people who have a vested interest in portraying him otherwise.

197180[/snapback]

So basically there is no evidence to support the conjecture is what you are saying? I see.... People never change and learn from their mistakes right? We were all of the same maturity level immediately after leaving college as we are 3 or 4 years after the fact, right?

As for Travis, if we can get a 2nd-3rd for him, I'd be very content. Lets face it, if you find a willing buyer you can essentially rape them for whatever you want (*cough cough* Atlanta *cough cough*). Who was it that gave up a 3rd rounder for that offensive megastar Lamar Gordon?

If the Bills find a team that really has a hard-on for Travis, teams like the Raiders, Cards or Browns spring to mind, then you could easily snag a 2nd rounder and help solidify our roster in the draft.

So basically there is no evidence to support the conjecture is what you are saying? I see....  People never change and learn from their mistakes right? We were all of the same maturity level immediately after leaving college as we are 3 or 4 years after the fact, right?

197236[/snapback]

Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck.... most likely, ...

Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck.... most likely, ...

197250[/snapback]

Right, like when the Bills were 0-4 this year ? I'm sure there are plenty of historical examples out there or maybe a mathmetician to show us that even "educated" assumptions are probably correct a whopping ...... 50% of the time :P

So basically there is no evidence to support the conjecture is what you are saying? I see....  People never change and learn from their mistakes right? We were all of the same maturity level immediately after leaving college as we are 3 or 4 years after the fact, right?

197236[/snapback]

Sure they do. But until they prove they do, what are you supposed to judge them by? Your personal warm, fuzzy feeling that everything works out best for them?

When Travis proves he's a mature adult, then I'll credit him. Not when people otherwise motivated say he is.

197236[/snapback]

But what you're doing is assuming, with absolutly zero evidence, that it is MORE likely that he has changed.

You see what Im saying? Why would you assume he has changed for the better with no evidence of that?

Is it because he just happened to wear the Bills Jersey? I mean, if this guy had worn a Miami teal and turquois jersey, I have a hard time believing you would be digging for the possibilty that he is such a great team player.

He pouted all season, because a rookie showed him up. Showed him HOW TO RUN, and how to win.

Sure they do.  But until they prove they do, what are you supposed to judge them by?  Your personal warm, fuzzy feeling that everything works out best for them?

When Travis proves he's a mature adult, then I'll credit him.  Not when people otherwise motivated say he is.

197281[/snapback]

It kind of like we all know DC Tom to be a pompous ass. He is an opionated egotistical jerk and always has been. To have someone come along now and say he he is a humble and nice guy would not be accurate. Until there is evidence other than one or two people saying so, still makes DC Tom an egotistical jerk.

It kind of like we all know DC Tom to be a pompous ass.  He is an opionated egotistical jerk and always has been.  To have someone come along now and say he he is a humble and nice guy would not be accurate.  Until there is evidence other than one or two people saying so, still makes DC Tom an egotistical jerk.

197302[/snapback]

Precisely.

Oh, and :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:.

It kind of like we all know DC Tom to be a pompous ass.  He is an opionated egotistical jerk and always has been.  To have someone come along now and say he he is a humble and nice guy would not be accurate.  Until there is evidence other than one or two people saying so, still makes DC Tom an egotistical jerk.

197302[/snapback]

LMAO with you Tom, not at you.