Another 'new' Jimi Hendrix tune....

The Poojer

For those somewhat new to collecting post death Hendrix music.

An awesome Acoustic version of Hear my Train a coming was released in 1973. I think it's easily found on the internet tubes.It was in a Hendrix movie back then.

To my knowledge the only other time Hendrix even played an acoustic on a album was a backing track on All Along the Watchtower (electric ladyland).

Isabella has been released in different forms countless times since his death. He even was playing it live sporadically in 1970.

Although nothing is really new here for long time collectors. Different versions are present on many of the tunes.

What is nice is they are cleaned up and really worth their price. For Hendrix freaks who need it all. the "Target" special edition of this new release contains TWO additional tunes.

The remaining unreleased gold in Jimi's vast recordings is in the Chas Chandler tapes. Chas discovered Hendrix and was the Bass player from the animals. He tragically died while negotiating releasing the tapes with the Hendrix estate. Things went south and they are only available in the many bootleg forms. Maybe the two sides will someday come to their senses. Apparently Chandler was the sole owner of the tapes.

In the future the Jimi Hendrix /John Mclaughlin "Apartment Jam" will be released. Hendrix playing in a completely different style.

An awesome Acoustic version of Hear my Train a coming was released in 1973. I think it's easily found on the internet tubes.It was in a Hendrix movie back then.

To my knowledge the only other time Hendrix even played an acoustic on a album was a backing track on All Along the Watchtower (electric ladyland).

Isabella has been released in different forms countless times since his death. He even was playing it live sporadically in 1970.

Although nothing is really new here for long time collectors. Different versions are present on many of the tunes.

What is nice is they are cleaned up and really worth their price. For Hendrix freaks who need it all. the "Target" special edition of this new release contains TWO additional tunes.

The remaining unreleased gold in Jimi's vast recordings is in the Chas Chandler tapes. Chas discovered Hendrix and was the Bass player from the animals. He tragically died while negotiating releasing the tapes with the Hendrix estate. Things went south and they are only available in the many bootleg forms. Maybe the two sides will someday come to their senses. Apparently Chandler was the sole owner of the tapes.

In the future the Jimi Hendrix /John Mclaughlin "Apartment Jam" will be released. Hendrix playing in a completely different style.

Awesome info, BPA. Thanks, man.

That sounds awesome.

In my dreams I imagine what could have been if he and Miles Davis had actually gotten to collaborate.

Valleys of neptune. My choice of hendrix stuff post mortem

Ironically ... my friend who gave me "Purple, Hell and Angels," asked if I had Axis and Ladyland - and if I'd burn them for him. So I burned both of them and brought them in today. He, in turn, gave me "Valleys of Neptune" and "First Rays of the New Rising Sun." Sweet!