FA WR options

Dragonborn10

93 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you like to see signed?

• Greg Jennings
    • Dwayne Bowe
    • Mike Wallace
    • Other FA WR
    • Pass on any WR in FA and Draft WR
    • Who needs a WR with Stevie, Nelson, and Graham?

Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace, or Dwayne Bowe.

I think Jennings is the most complete WR, Bowe is the biggest target, and Wallace has the best speed. I would prefer Jennings and would pay high top WR money. Next I would take Bowe. I think Graham could develop into a Wallace like stretch the field guy. I would rather have a big frame target like Bowe to go with Stevie if they can't get Jennings.

What are your thoughts?

Other options at WR that are less expensive?

Edited by Dadonkadonk

I was firmly in favor of Bowe based on age, size, stats, and his performance in games I've seen. I've switched to Jennings b/c I've heard from those who follow the Chief's more closely than I that Bowe isn't clutch, drops a lot of passes, and causes turnovers. Jennings, on the other hand, doesn't have the measurables of Bowe, but is well rounded #1 receiver who makes clutch plays, still has a few good years, and will likely come cheaper than Bowe or Wallace.

I voted draft a WR. While I wouldn't be upset if we did get one of these guys in FA(as long as we don't overpay) We still have greater needs. What I would really like to see is us get a CB in free agency. There are a few young decent CB's available. My personal favorite being Smith. I say snag him up if you can. But of course try not to overpay.

All three have question marks, Bowe has the size and ability but hasn't been all that great and seems lazy, Wallace has the speed but is lacking in other areas, Jennings has been a consistently good receiver but he's been playing with the best QB in the league and doesn't have the size that the Bills have been lacking. Ideally we pick up a guy with good size in the draft but if we do go out and sign one I'd be happiest with Jennings.

Alright, so this is just something to point out. It is a poll for FA WR. What does draft have to do with who we would like signed? Or the fact that we have SJ, TJ and Nelson? If I had to sign one, it'd be Bowe. I would draft a TE before I would WR, because TE is deep, and we need a TE more then WR, with LB and QB being higher priorities.

Alright, so this is just something to point out. It is a poll for FA WR. What does draft have to do with who we would like signed? Or the fact that we have SJ, TJ and Nelson? If I had to sign one, it'd be Bowe. I would draft a TE before I would WR, because TE is deep, and we need a TE more then WR, with LB and QB being higher priorities.

It is a poll for FA WR's however one of the options should have been pass on all of them. I'm just saying lol.

It is a poll for FA WR's however one of the options should have been pass on all of them. I'm just saying lol.

I'd as soon take Bowe then pass on them. Of course, factoring in reality, it's not a real option - none of the WR are. Without Levitre, Byrd, and a few more then it will not matter. If Bowe was affordable I would sign him before the others; with Chan gone I do not believe that it will happen. I think we are more likely to land Welker then any of these guys.

I'd as soon take Bowe then pass on them. Of course, factoring in reality, it's not a real option - none of the WR are. Without Levitre, Byrd, and a few more then it will not matter. If Bowe was affordable I would sign him before the others; with Chan gone I do not believe that it will happen. I think we are more likely to land Welker then any of these guys.

Good lord I hope we pass on Welker,I'd honestly rather take a flyer on a guy like Collie,or see if Meachem gets cut in San Diego.

Good lord I hope we pass on Welker,I'd honestly rather take a flyer on a guy like Collie,or see if Meachem gets cut in San Diego.

Pretty much my point. I do not see any of those guys as being courted by this team; Meachem, no thanks.

Pretty much my point. I do not see any of those guys as being courted by this team; Meachem, no thanks.

If the price is right i'd take Meachem,and by right, I mean a sub million dollar 1 year make good deal. Dude is better than Ruvell martin at the very least. lol

Why not Danny Amendola? I know people are going to accuse me of wanting my own Wes Welker but that's not all it is. Firstly, we won't have to break the bank for him like we would for a Wallace or a Bowe being that he's not on their level and he's had a bad run with injuries; but when this guy is healthy not only is he quick but he catches everything. Finally we could have a slot receiver that can get open AND catch the ball.

Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace, or Dwayne Bowe.

I think Jennings is the most complete WR, Bowe is the biggest target, and Wallace has the best speed. I would prefer Jennings and would pay high top WR money. Next I would take Bowe. I think Graham could develop into a Wallace like stretch the field guy. I would rather have a big frame target like Bowe to go with Stevie if they can't get Jennings.

What are your thoughts?

Other options at WR that are less expensive?

I want Bowe and would like to draft some.

I was firmly in favor of Bowe based on age, size, stats, and his performance in games I've seen. I've switched to Jennings b/c I've heard from those who follow the Chief's more closely than I that Bowe isn't clutch, drops a lot of passes, and causes turnovers. Jennings, on the other hand, doesn't have the measurables of Bowe, but is well rounded #1 receiver who makes clutch plays, still has a few good years, and will likely come cheaper than Bowe or Wallace.

valid points

From the chatter I've heard, the draft this year is well stocked with wide receivers. I'd rather us use our FA money at replacing the now gaping hole at LB.

our WRs are just as bad, but we do need LBs luckily there are decent LBs in the draft and FA.

Why not Danny Amendola? I know people are going to accuse me of wanting my own Wes Welker but that's not all it is. Firstly, we won't have to break the bank for him like we would for a Wallace or a Bowe being that he's not on their level and he's had a bad run with injuries; but when this guy is healthy not only is he quick but he catches everything. Finally we could have a slot receiver that can get open AND catch the ball.

Amendola is great but he is injured a lot, and I want our own Wes Welker too and he is a FA, would love to see us snag him and it would piss the Pats off :devil: .

Draft wise Ryan Swope is Welker Jr.

Draft, baby, draft! You got solid prospects available in later rounds. Guys like Aaron Dobson, Quinton Patton, Rutgers' Tim Wright...

Stevie's fine, but personally, I'm sick of D. Nelson. As for Graham, he didn't show me a DAMN THING last season!

Here's a kid that can provide a spark for us on offense ...

I know it's been said before, but until they have someone that can utilize the WR's, there isn't much point to improving the corps(e). If they are gonna add to the offense, I would prefer a lineman, or a TE even. It's really hard to evaluate guys with such bad quarterbacking. The same guys playing with a top 10 QB would be good enough (or close to it), I'm certain. No WR with a winning attitude would come to a perrenial cellar dweller that hasn't had a good QB in 20 years anyway.

That's a part of the problem, I question the motivation of any free agent that would come here. It's where selfish guys that don't care about winning (just their own stats), or guys that are looking for that last payout, come to cash in. Those aren't the guys you want here when you are trying to turn the team around. Now is not the time for big free agent signings, now is the time for setting the team up financially to get a QB one of these years, or collecting draft picks to package later.

The Bills suck right now, and having a great collection of guys running around without anyone to throw the ball to them is folly.

Fixed

Fixed