OT - Anybody know what a "nauga" is?

EZC-Boston

I got a Mensa Puzzle calendar for Christmas and yesterday's answer (found within a crossword) was:

"How many naugas does it take to cover a sofa?"

Not having heard of a nauga I had no chance of getting it right.

I emailed Mensa and asked them what a nauga was, their reply was:

"Naugas are litter "critters" whose hides are used in the making of "naugahyde." It's an old bad joke."

Does anybody get this old joke or know what this old joke is?

I got a Mensa Puzzle calendar for Christmas and yesterday's answer (found within a crossword) was:

"How many naugas does it take to cover a sofa?"

Not having heard of a nauga I had no chance of getting it right.

I emailed Mensa and asked them what a nauga was, their reply was:

"Naugas are litter "critters" whose hides are used in the making of "naugahyde."  It's an old bad joke."

Does anybody get this old joke or know what this old joke is?

196708[/snapback]

Naugahyde is synthetic leather (I think). So the 'joke' would be that there aint no such thing as a nauga. You should probably check with DC on this. Seems to be something that would be right up his alley.

I wonder how many glockenspiel players could sit on a nauga? :blink:

Naugahyde is synthetic leather (I think).  So the 'joke' would be that there aint no such thing as a nauga.  You should probably check with DC on this.  Seems to be something that would be right up his alley.

196718[/snapback]

Thanks for the help

Naugahyde is synthetic leather (I think).  So the 'joke' would be that there aint no such thing as a nauga.  You should probably check with DC on this.  Seems to be something that would be right up his alley.

196718[/snapback]

Actually, naugahyde is made from the pelts of the Aplodontidae Naugamus, a small rodent most closely related to the beaver found in the upper midwest.

I'm LMFAO. You're a TERRIBLE liar.

:blink:

196794[/snapback]

Give me a break...it's damned tough to come up with a credible story for the infamous Midwestern nauga. Sure it was a bad lie...but you're not likely to find much better... :blink:

Give me a break...it's damned tough to come up with a credible story for the infamous Midwestern nauga.  Sure it was a bad lie...but you're not likely to find much better...  :blink:

196966[/snapback]

Play the dictionary game? That's what THAT little ditty reminded me of LOL