Could This Scenario Play Out In B/Lo ?

T master

All three were the top-rated guards in their draft class and had numerous posters lobbying for them as draft targets.

People were saying the exact same things about DeCastro as they are about Warmack this year.

Watkins and DeCastro have done nothing in their NFL careers so far.

And you don't draft a guard that highly and you never assume that some guy is the exception to that rule when he's never played a snap in the NFL.

DeCastro was a rookie last year, who missed nearly all of his rookie season due to an injury suffered in the Bills per-season game. Kind of a strange comparison, IMO.

I don't recall many people lobbying for the Bills to draft Watkins, an overaged rookie, with their 1st round pick.

Better Warmack than an overrated, system QB like Geno Smith, IMO. He has some gaudy numbers, but that's about it.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All three were the top-rated guards in their draft class and had numerous posters lobbying for them as draft targets.

People were saying the exact same things about DeCastro as they are about Warmack this year.

Watkins and DeCastro have done nothing in their NFL careers so far.

And you don't draft a guard that highly and you never assume that some guy is the exception to that rule when he's never played a snap in the NFL.

I'm not saying draft warmack... But ur comparisons are way off. The decastro injury was similar to how wood got injured, so it's not like he's injury prone. People fall on you, it's football. I don't know why you think he's bad because of it

Bills have to re-sign their own free agents and draft for depth. Spent the past 9 years trying to replace Winfield. Letting Levitre walk and drafting a replacement is what keeps a team in the middle of the pack. Keep Levitre and draft a OG as depth. Same goes for the DBs. At 8th...pick the best player on the board. No reaches. IMO, talent trumps need.

Bills have to re-sign their own free agents and draft for depth. Spent the past 9 years trying to replace Winfield. Letting Levitre walk and drafting a replacement is what keeps a team in the middle of the pack. Keep Levitre and draft a OG as depth. Same goes for the DBs. At 8th...pick the best player on the board. No reaches. IMO, talent trumps need.

I agree.

I think it's a sliding scale: There is such a steep drop off of talent near the top of the draft you have to grab the best talent, mostly ignoring need. Top 10 is not a place to take a big risk or grab a second round player. (Though of course figuring out who is really a first or second round talent is a challenge.)

For your last picks, of course you want talent, but it's more about finding anyone that can, or might, make a position stronger on your team, this year or next. Why would you pick a 5th RB you rate a 45 instead of a safety you have rated a 44 that could play some ST and keep you from needing to find a FA safety to back up reasonable starters?

I'm not saying draft warmack... But ur comparisons are way off. The decastro injury was similar to how wood got injured, so it's not like he's injury prone. People fall on you, it's football. I don't know why you think he's bad because of it

DeCastro was by far the top rated guard in his class. Some people here were saying he was a can't miss guy who the Bills should draft, dominant offensive line, yada yada yada. He was taken at #24.

They were saying the same thing about Danny Watkins and Watkins was taken at #23.

My main point is that you don't take guards at #8. It's a low impact position.

And if you do, be prepared to be disappointed with the pick.

My final point is that you don't assume someone who's never played in the NFL will be an improvement over someone who's already proven to be an outstanding player.

Cap space isnt a problem. If we lose Levitre its because he wanted to leave

.....or because we don't want to spend veteran money on the OG position.

Not that I believe that will be the case......but it certainly is a possibility.

DeCastro was by far the top rated guard in his class. Some people here were saying he was a can't miss guy who the Bills should draft, dominant offensive line, yada yada yada. He was taken at #24.

They were saying the same thing about Danny Watkins and Watkins was taken at #23.

My main point is that you don't take guards at #8. It's a low impact position.

And if you do, be prepared to be disappointed with the pick.

My final point is that you don't assume someone who's never played in the NFL will be an improvement over someone who's already proven to be an outstanding player.

I think letting levitre go and using the first for a guard would be truly bizarre.-and thats why you cant rule out Buffalo doing it;)