Vote For Your Pick

Astrobot

DraftTek is running a readers' mock on the right side of their home page.

Take 10 seconds and vote!

http://www.drafttek.com/

astro

I voted. I have a hard time seeing the Bills pass on either Barkley or Geno if either is there at #8. A new staff most certainly is going to want to start building their team with a capable QB, and I just don't think they will want to risk waiting until the 2nd to grab a guy. Nix even said if there is a QB you like in a certain round, then you better take him the round before. If both are gone, I think we go LB or WR, probably LB though at #8. If Jarvis falls to 8, they will have a hard time deciding between him and ogletree.

So I voted Barkley, but really I think at this point it will be a coin flip as to what QB will go first until after the combine. I think Geno has a slight edge on him, however many reports out there suggest that many scouts still feel Barkley is the best QB prospect in this draft still, so who knows.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Thanks for posting the link. I voted "other" because I think Dion Jordan would be the pick in that situation. He seems like a pass rusher who fits perfectly into the new defensive scheme. Millner would be my second choice. I know we need a QB, but none of the options are "day 1 ready" and we need our number 8 pick to contribute on day 1. I think Jordan and Millner do that. I think we go QB in round 2.

I went through the same line of thinking. It was a vote between taking "your" franchise QB early (Geno Smith), replacing the LB you just waived off the team with a better one (Jones, Mingo), or allowing your best S to seek Free Agency (Byrd) and taking his replacement (Vaccaro).

I voted for Geno, but I don't think he'll be there. I would really be disappointed with the Bills if they went with the old Buffalo staple and took the CB or Safety in round 1. It's certainly seems to me they have done that enough (Gilmore, McKelvin, Whitner, Clement, Winfield) that if they knew how to identify a good DB they would be all set there. Let's try a different approach.

I voted for Geno, but I don't think he'll be there. I would really be disappointed with the Bills if they went with the old Buffalo staple and took the CB or Safety in round 1. It's certainly seems to me they have done that enough (Gilmore, McKelvin, Whitner, Clement, Winfield) that if they knew how to identify a good DB they would be all set there. Let's try a different approach.

In all fairness, 3 of those 5 have made pro bowls, and one of the other 2 (Gilmore) is a very promising young DB. So, its not so much they didnt get it right as much as they either didn't resign them (as they did not resign any of the 3 pro bowlers). In fact, if you throw in Greer and McGee and one could argue DB is about the only position Buffalo has been very good at finding talent for...they just dont keep them for what ever reason.

Edited by Alphadawg7

If they draft ANOTHER cb in the top 3 rounds, this team goes 2-14. The Bills front 7 sucks. Why have good dbacks if the other team is just going to run all day?

Agreed...DB is not nearly as big of a need as LB, QB, and WR, all of which should be among our picks in rounds 1, 2, and 3

Edited by Alphadawg7