The 53 Year Anniversary Bills Wall of Shame Awards

Meathead

Because Billy Atkins was the primary field goal kicker in 60 and 61 and Cookie was the primary field goal kicker in 62. Yoho was the primary kicker in 63 and then Sideways Pete came along in 64.

You know the best part about Yoho were the kickoffs. From the moment he lined up to kick, the fans would yell "yooooooooooooo" and as he kicked it they would yell "ho". We should still do that.

Why are you writing about yourself in the third person?

:nana:

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one mention of Coy Wire throughout 16 pages, and at safety too. How about when he started for us as a 165-pound linebacker?

(Okay, not really that light, but he might as well have been.)

Was Wire strong enough to carry Bryan Scott's jock?

That's just a rhetorical question so please don't feel the need to answer it.

In fact forget I posed the question and sorry for the visual.

RB: Joe Burns

Ive been trying to think of his name all day so i went and scoured pro football reference and finally came up with it. he started one game in 03. very slow imo, not particularly powerful, career 3.0 average

still need a punter

P - Rick Tuten

A 19 yard punt at a critcal time in the super bowl earns you a spot on this squad.

Watch here starting at 4:42

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D1qGcuuKrs&list=PLcQvc3gMjIp3Sxdj81X8ODBcfXC5QiP54

Edited by Azucho98

hey what do you guys think about sending our list to the howard simon show? maybe theyd be interested in talking about it and helping come up with better candidates

I am outside Buffalo so I will never know if they talk about it. But I would like to add Dangerous Dan McGrew as long snapper. Now I am trying to remember a punt returner who had hands of stone. One of which I remember was Mini Max Anderson who when he caught it was very dangerous but often it clanged off his shoulder pad. But I remember some more recent returners that had a problem with catching the punt

I am outside Buffalo so I will never know if they talk about it. But I would like to add Dangerous Dan McGrew as long snapper. Now I am trying to remember a punt returner who had hands of stone. One of which I remember was Mini Max Anderson who when he caught it was very dangerous but often it clanged off his shoulder pad. But I remember some more recent returners that had a problem with catching the punt

Chris Watson was a Hall of Fame caliber punt catcher.

ive been trying to avoid adding too many positions in fear of making this an endless exercise, but i do like the idea of adding someone named dangerous dan mcgrew

i dont know anything about max anderson so i cant comment on him, but i would think most fans would remember the watson as punt catcher fiasco. but wasnt watson given the job bc he replaced a guy that fumbled/muffed punts a lot? if so does anybody remember who that was?

Mini Max was a very good little back, but as a returner he fumbled a few, it's true. He was my favorite Bill when I was a kid though.

P - Rick Tuten

A 19 yard punt at a critcal time in the super bowl earns you a spot on this squad.

Watch here starting at 4:42

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D1qGcuuKrs&list=PLcQvc3gMjIp3Sxdj81X8ODBcfXC5QiP54

Grrr this effing thread! You just made me watch THE ONE game I vowed never to watch again, BASTARD!!!

i would think most fans would remember the watson as punt catcher fiasco. but wasnt watson given the job bc he replaced a guy that fumbled/muffed punts a lot? if so does anybody remember who that was?

yeah this seems to confirm my recollection that watson was added bc the previous returner was so bad. but i still dont know who that prior returner was bc this article only deals with the 2000's

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/6/2/1496171/buffalo-bills-2000s-all-decade

yeah this seems to confirm my recollection that watson was added bc the previous returner was so bad. but i still dont know who that prior returner was bc this article only deals with the 2000's

http://www.buffaloru...000s-all-decade

In 2000 the year Watson joined the Bills, the only other player to return punts was Peerless Price.

While he was a member of the Bills for the following two seasons, he entirely gave up punt return duties to the likes of Price, Nate Clements, and Charlie Rogers.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatsCh20.htm

In 1999 the year before Watson arrived, Kevin Williams returned all but one punt with Peerless Price returning the other one.

Ah! Thanks for responding. I don't remember that at all!

No problem. Fans don't usually remember players that were primarily blockers.

Wade goes on the good list despite the foibles. Mularkey is merely among the cream of the crap.

I agree, Wade took more crap than he deserved.

So if you want to assess really bad real quarterbacks, you can not find worst stats than Dan Darragh from William and Mary who turned out to be a very good environmental attorney but a really bad NFL QB

Didn't start going to games with my late Dad until 1962 at the old Rockpile, War Memorial Stadium. Didn't miss more than a handful of games in all those years leading up to my going on active duty for the US Navy in August of 1971. Originally sent to the west coast and thought I was going to Nam, but then got orders for Command for the 6th Fleet out of Newport, RI. At the top of the hill where we parked our cars; I could pick up KB...(WKBW 1520 on the dial) and listen for the Bills score. Folks I got this stuff in my veins..

Now back To Darragh the only QB I have ever seen throw a backwards pass which the Bills lost. This kid was the original "deer in the headlights" look. Sometimes in the English language there is not a sigular word to describe the piss-poor play that we witnessed

with the lindy firing i think now is not a good time to see if this can get any attention on wgr. i think ill wait a week or so than consider it again, so get your nominees in if you have any. i also think ill send it to shopp and the bd instead of howard, better chance of it getting mentioned

Chris Watson was a Hall of Fame caliber punt catcher.

I remember watson being a decent DB...and at the same time wondering (like all of us) wtf he was doing back there catching punts.

can anyone refresh my memory on what the rationale was?? Was it about the previous guy fumbling all the time???...just cant recall.

--ahhh----so much Bills history----and so much of it made so little sense:)