Mel Kiper's updated Big Board 1/9/13

papazoid

People are high on Mike Glennon, but I am not one of them, I just don't see it

If Geno Smith or Matt Barkley fall, you take one of them at your pick & I'd pick Tyler Wilson, Ryan Nassib even Collin Klein before I take Glennon

I problem right now is scouts are using the Bowl Games aganist & for players moving up, I still high on Smith & Barkley, the Combined could change that & it could change my mind on Glennon but I feel my choice are safe

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

our 2nd round pick will be around #40 overall.....

it's highly likely that 4 QB's will have been picked BEFORE that.

do we want the 5th best qb in this draft ??

i don't....i want to clean house (fitz, thigpen & tjax) all gone......

this team has too many needs (starting QB, OLB, CB, WR)...but franshise qb is #1

if we had Peyton Manning last season instead of Fitz.....we would be in playoffs....

if we had Fitz, megatron, patrick willis and jj watt last year, we would have still missed the playoffs.

Quite honestly, your post is absurd man.

Quite honestly, your post is absurd man.

wait...which part ?...(laffin)....i know, i went for BOLD..

if we had Peyton Manning last season instead of Fitz.....we would be in playoffs....

i truly believe we would have won 4-5 more games with Peyton.....

and i also believe that the way fitz played, if we had all those others guys, maybe 2 more wins

just trying to emphasize the importance of top qb play versus any other position....

wait...which part ?...(laffin)....i know, i went for BOLD..

i truly believe we would have won 4-5 more games with Peyton.....

and i also believe that the way fitz played, if we had all those others guys, maybe 2 more wins

just trying to emphasize the importance of top qb play versus any other position....

You have to be careful with hyperbole when you are in internet forums. The reason being that even though it might sound like an obvious overstatement(hyperbole), there are plenty of chowder heads who type overstatements as their solid opinion. It's often difficult to tell them apart.

(I'm obviously referring to your "if we had Fitz, megatron, patrick willis and jj watt last year, we would have still missed the playoffs." line.)

You have to be careful with hyperbole when you are in internet forums. The reason being that even though it might sound like an obvious overstatement(hyperbole), there are plenty of chowder heads who type overstatements as their solid opinion. It's often difficult to tell them apart.

(I'm obviously referring to your "if we had Fitz, megatron, patrick willis and jj watt last year, we would have still missed the playoffs." line.)

check this thread out.....i like it.....(cause it agrees with my thinking....laffin some more....)

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/154819-pff-grades-for-bills-playersyeah-fitz-actually-does-suck/

check this thread out.....i like it.....(cause it agrees with my thinking....laffin some more....)

http://forums.twobil...ally-does-suck/

My apologies(I think?)....your assumed hyperbole was actually what you think?

For the record, I think we would have made the playoffs if we had P. Manning......and I think we have more talent than our record shows.

I also think that if we had fitz, megotron, patrick willis and jj watt we would have made the playoffs......and that it's quite ridiculous to think that a relatively talented team could add 3 of the best players in the league and not make the playoffs.

People are high on Mike Glennon, but I am not one of them, I just don't see it

If Geno Smith or Matt Barkley fall, you take one of them at your pick & I'd pick Tyler Wilson, Ryan Nassib even Collin Klein before I take Glennon

I problem right now is scouts are using the Bowl Games aganist & for players moving up, I still high on Smith & Barkley, the Combined could change that & it could change my mind on Glennon but I feel my choice are safe

I was going with what you were saying, and respecting your opinion... Until you said you'd take Collin Klein is above Glennon for you. Collin Klein has ZERO NFL future as a QB. He likely won't even be drafted... And Barkley didn't play in a bowl game.

Whoever said that if we had Peyton Manning we would've made the playoffs is absolutely right. This team is a playoff team with Peyton Manning on board. But he's wrong about the second one. If we added Megatron, JJ Watt etc. we would be a playoff team as well.

I was going with what you were saying, and respecting your opinion... Until you said you'd take Collin Klein is above Glennon for you. Collin Klein has ZERO NFL future as a QB. He likely won't even be drafted... And Barkley didn't play in a bowl game.

Whoever said that if we had Peyton Manning we would've made the playoffs is absolutely right. This team is a playoff team with Peyton Manning on board. But he's wrong about the second one. If we added Megatron, JJ Watt etc. we would be a playoff team as well.

Not so sure about that. We got much better play out of LDE this year and it had no effect on record. That kind of gap up from 6 to 10 win playoff team can only come from QB IMO.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Collin Klein was more of a sarcastic pick but he could be a project & Mel Kiper did use Matt Barkley not playing in a bowl game.against him, which is wrong

Not so sure about that. We got much better play out of LDE this year and it had no effect on record. That kind of gap up from 6 to 10 win playoff team can only come from QB IMO.

That sort of polarizing view rankles my hackles. :)

I totally agree that QB is super important. I have been saying so ever since I joined TSW & it has annoyed me every year when we make no legit effort to find "the guy".

It is still possible however....though very unlikely....to Dilfer yourself a win in the SB. And it's a hell of a lot easier to Dilfer yourself into the playoffs....teams do that all the time.

Don't be surprised if Nassib is available in the 2nd round. It seems like the Bills are the only team that holds him that high. DE or LB in the first round is the right pick. Need to stop the run first before we can think offense.

I agree. I also think they could trade up to get Nassib if they thought he was going higher in the Late first or early second. I see them bringing two new QB's into camp. One could be a late pick or a FA . The high qb they draft this year just may wind up being a career backup and the real guy shows up next year where the prospects look much better. The defensive linemen and the LB's available at pick 8 look too good to pass up.

Alternatively the Bills could trade down for a change Like New England does more often than not. They could really use three picks in the first two rounds. With the Chandler injury they do not have a starting TE for the beginning of the season. There are some good big Wr's out there also. DE, LB, QB, Safety, who plays nose guard when they go into the 3-4?. Troup is a long shot, Easly is a fail and Graham might be right behind him. Wow. they seem to have a ton of neeeds ,.

Fitz could be around for another year. Nix and Whaley have a lot of work to do. The good news is that the coaching jobs are being filled early and they will have time to fully evaluate the options.