OT New Buffalo Sports Radio Starts Tomorrow

BRAWNDO

CBS Sports radio is building their own network of affiliates. Rome signed on last year with CBS and The Fan 1270 is one of those affiliates.

WGR loses Rome from 12-3 and will need new programming.

According to GR, Rome will still be on during his regularly scheduled time. So I'm excited to hear something besides a dude calling me his Clone all fing day.

Edited by Russ 'Em

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to GR, Rome will still be on during his regularly scheduled time. So I'm excited to hear something besides a dude calling me his Clone all fing day.

WGR was given the right to retain Rome even with a CBS Sports Radio affiliate on WHLD. Anyone listen to The Bull today? I switched back and forth with all the Bills talk on 'GR. (Probably not the best day to make a debut.) Sounded a little angry to me. Is that the tack they will take? The voice of the angry Buffalo fan?

PTR

CBS took all their sports stations and are rebranding them as CBS Sports Radio. In Sacramento, 1140 The Fan, dropped "The Fan", has the second rated show in the area on 6-10 Pacific (Don Geronimo- for those who remember Don & Mike) from 6-10 AM. Rome is on 10-Noon Local from 12-7, Ferrall from 7-11 PM and people I don't know (except for Tiki Barber) overnight.CBS must have bought WHLD.

Alan Pergament explained the deal on his blog tonight:

http://stilltalkintv.com/2013/01/cumulus-isnt-paying-to-carry-cbs-sports-radio/

If GR has to hang their hat on Schoop, then I pity them. He is an arrogant as*. His "I am smarter than all NFL coaches nonsense with never punting on 4th down is a joke. He is annoying on every level as a self-appointed know-it-all.

If his comedy schtick was any good at all, he MIGHT be amusing...

I actually do thing he can be funny sometimes, but I agree totally with the jist of what you are saying. It is ridiculous how the only thing he cares about football and who the coach is going to be, etc. has to do with punting.............There is no way never punting would work. It seems to me it's been even harder to get 4th and short in recent years. The only thing I agree with him on is that punting inside the opponent's 40 is stupid almost every time.

He's so obsessed with it that Bulldog finally became a Bulldog last week and it was excellent radio. Schopp was saying how hiring Andy Reid would be shooting low, etc. because he'll punt..........Bulldog just started screaming at him - Yeah, he punts, Belichick punts - everybody punts!!!

It's a really weird obsession. I almost hoped Chip Kelly went to Cleveland and failed miserably.