This probably would never happen, but I am curious your opinion

New coach comes in. Hire past Buffalo Bills head coaches as coordinators?

OC - Mularkey or someone like that.

DC - Jauron (who is supposed to be good with defenses)

Why would anyone remotely even think that or want that? Why? I just don't understand some peoples mindset around here that will want to forever live in the past and refuse to look forward.

Edited by billsbum

No thank you, those guys aren't even good coordinators, we'd better off with Chan and Wade Philips.

Not that it's going to happen, but I wouldn't mind that at all. I like Chan's playbook, I just don't like his play calling. If he were left to design and implement the offense, with the HC making the calls during games, I'd be happy with it.

First off, why would they even have the slightest interest in coming here?? Sometimes you'll see position coaches return to a team under a new head coach, but usually more time between "tours". And you don't hear comments "the Bill's need to fire their assistant DB coach", my point being with all the bad press and comments directed towards them, I really doubt they'd want to return.

Beyond that, the reason they got the head coaching job was because they were often viewed as a good coordinator, well as HC they had input with the coordinators, CG was the OC even, how'd that work out? Often too these guys got the head coach job as they were the hot guy on some winning team, i.e. Greg Williams, Mike Mularkey; this year it's McCoy, Ariens, Kyle Shanahan, and maybe the guy on GB. So are they really good coordinators to start with or were did they just good because they were on a real good team? Don't know until you hire them as a HC, so now they fail and are fired. So now you want to re-hire them to a position that for all we know weren't even very good to start with.

Makes no sense!!

New coach comes in. Hire past Buffalo Bills head coaches as coordinators?

OC - Mularkey or someone like that.

DC - Jauron (who is supposed to be good with defenses)

This thread is literally pointless, given the fact that Mularkey has a HC position.

No to former head coaches.

Mularkey is probably fired if Caldwell takes the GM Position and Greg Roman will be the next HC in JAX.