Oregon Preparing Chip Kelly Replacement

Fadingpain

If Kelly really is some sort of genius perfectionist, he may well like the idea of coaching in a place like Buffalo!

Why? For the greater challenge!

Who the heck knows what makes this guy tick or what is important to him in terms of picking a team.

Also, just for fun, what if the Bills were to offer him $20 million a year? Is Buffalo still not in his top 2 teams at that point, Mr. LaCanfora?

How does anyone know (yet) what the Bills or anyone else is prepared to offer him?

Exactly. Money talks as does roster & the amount of freedom Kelly would be looking for.

I expect Buffalo is in spending mode given the Mario signing & the net profitability of the franchise.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

USA TODAY is reporting that Oregon will replace Chip Kelly with Offensive coordinator Mark Helfrich if Chip moves on to the NFL.

I find this interesting as it could suggest there is an internal awareness in Eugene that Chip has decided it's time to make the jump to the NFL.

One thing we can agree on is this: Chip Kelly is a hot property. If he actually ends up in Buffalo, we will know things have changed.

http://www.usatoday....lfrich/1807463/

Hopefully the two Analytical minds come together.

Chip is an incredible smart coach and is a great decision maker and very efficient in all aspects of his program. I have no doubt he can operate an NFL team My only hesitation is will he be able to adjust his offense to the NFL.

• 2 years later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.