(OT) Does Oklahoma Suck?

IDBillzFan

Or was USC that much better than them?

I apologize for not being a college football fan, but naturally I'll watch some of the high profile bowl games. My understanding last night was that OU has a good team and by kickoff were even favored by a point.

How did that team collapse so poorly? Was it just a question of Oklahoma being a team that sucks that badly? Do they really choke in the bowl games?

And finally, how can a team that sucks as badly as Oklahoma make it to the biggest of bowl games? Surely there was some other team who could have put up a bigger fight.

Like Murray State.

Any input from college folks greatly appreciated.

Or was USC that much better than them?

I apologize for not being a college football fan, but naturally I'll watch some of the high profile bowl games. My understanding last night was that OU has a good team and by kickoff were even favored by a point.

How did that team collapse so poorly? Was it just a question of Oklahoma being a team that sucks that badly? Do they really choke in the bowl games?

And finally, how can a team that sucks as badly as Oklahoma make it to the biggest of bowl games? Surely there was some other team who could have put up a bigger fight.

Like Murray State.

Any input from college folks greatly appreciated.

194148[/snapback]

See: Buffalo Bills Super Bowl XXVII

Of course USC isn't that much better than OU.

Oklahoma is a damn good team, they collapsed for no real reason last night.

You really don't think that OU just sucks? I mean...they really sucked last night.

Are suggesting that Bob Stoops hasn't been a winner in everything he's done in his life?

Cuz that's not very nice.....

OU is a F-R-A-U-D! The only reason they were ranked #2 is that they started the season #2, annointed by the media. Auburn or even Utah would have put up a better fight.

Remember last season's Big 12 championship loss to Kansas State? Somehow OU still qualified for the national championship game...which, by the way, they lost as well.

Why didn't Utah play Auburn in a bowl game? Were they afraid a non-BCS team would embaress one of their annointed fraud teams?

All this just proves the BCS, and most of Div.1-A college football, is just B.S. I choose to ignore it because winning the national championship means nothing. Until there is a playoff, it will continue to mean nothing.

PTR

We need a five year ban on OU appearing an any championship game.  Two years in a row they have screwed us out of the proper championship game.  No way Auburn's D gets lit up like that.

194170[/snapback]

And, of course, nobody can argue with you, since because of the system we won't SEE USC-Auburn.

Talk is cheap. Even good teams have the occasional meltdown, and these were kids playing in a high-pressure, high-exposure game. Once the turnovers started to snowball, it was all downhill. This doesn't mean OU sucks.

Oh, I forgot...the rest of the season is rendered irrelevant, and has to be considered a collosal failure due to one blowout loss on a bad day to arguably the best team in football. And Jason White is a choker and a mediocre quarterback who can't win a game to save his life. Now what does that remind me of? :D

Ok...so except for Rat-Boy and BF, everyone seems to agree that OU is a fraud, sucks, and should not be allowed near another bowl game.

Interesting. I always thought OU was a good football team.

Only to find out they suck.

194222[/snapback]

Curious choice of sides you are taking! :D

The only thing that sucks is the college football establishment that refuses to install a system for determining a champion on the field.

OU is a F-R-A-U-D!  The only reason they were ranked #2 is that they started the season #2, annointed by the media.  Auburn or even Utah would have put up a better fight.

Remember last season's Big 12 championship loss to Kansas State?  Somehow OU still qualified for the national championship game...which, by the way, they lost as well.

Why didn't Utah play Auburn in a bowl game?  Were they afraid a non-BCS team would embaress one of their annointed fraud teams?

All this just proves the BCS, and most of Div.1-A college football, is just B.S.  I choose to ignore it because winning the national championship means nothing.  Until there is a playoff, it will continue to mean nothing.

PTR

194176[/snapback]

Auburn and Utah are not in USC's league. Auburn beat a very mediocre VT team, and barely at that. Utah, what a joke. OU was the 2nd best team in the country, probably, but it's like the difference between New England and a pop warner team, when comparing USC to OU.

OU pulled a Bills...they self-destructed on the biggest stage.

But the way SC played last night, neither Auburn nor Utah would have been that much more competitive imho. That was one of the most impressive performances in a national title game in a while. SC's defensive pursuit, tackling and team speed were that good.

If Leinart returns to SC for his senior year with that talent coming back, and if the Fredo-Chow regimen stays intact, everyone else will play for #2 in 2005. SC will be virtually unbeatable.