So who are some realistic coordinator candidates?

SBUffalo

I will rule one out. I do not think Chip Kelly gives up his good gig in Oregon to come to the NFL as an OC for anything less then a top tier team. I do not even see him wanting to go to Indy. Maybe Dallas with a lot of room, but Chuckie is going to Dallas.

This is obviously really hard to pinpoint since it generally depends on the head coach and who they bring with them or have in mind themselves, but who are some up-and-coming assistants that we might see as our new O/D-coordinators?

I only have only one man in mind who can do it all for our team. Like him or hate him, Nick Saban. He is a complete, total winner. Nobody, perhaps in the history of college football, is a better recruiter. The man knows who has talent. He has trained numerous great assistants. And, there is a family history. Mr. Wilson, as we all know, is not young. He should offer Saban a 5 year/50 million dollar contract and give him complete authority. Mr. Wilson is a billionaire. This would not hurt his estate. It might actually strengthen it.

Coach Saban would bring to the table a winning program. Great assistants would, and have already bought into his system. It would not take him long to win wherever he goes. Winning is what he does. And I think that he almost certainly has learned lessons from his first time around with Miami. The man is NO joke, and is about to win another national championship.

I am not necessarily correct, but I am unable to see anyone else in his class.

Jmo.

Edited by Bill from NYC

I only have only one in mind. Like him or hate him, Nick Saban. He is a complete, total winner. Nobody, perhaps in the history of college football, is a better recruiter. The man knows who has talent. He has trained numerous great assistants. And, there is a family history. Mr. Wilson, as we all know, is not young. He should offer Saban a 5 year/50 million dollar contract and give him complete authority. Mr. Wilson is a billionaire. This would not hurt his estate. It might actually strengthen it.

Coach Saban would bring to the table a winning program. Great assistants would, and have already bought into his system. It would not take him long to win wherever he goes. Winning is what he does. And I think that he almost certainly has learned lessons from his first time around with Miami. The man is NO joke, and is about to win another national championship.

I am not necessarily correct, but I am unable to see anyone else in his class.

Jmo.

He will not come to the Bills. Read the Don Banks story linked to in a couple of the other threads. He will not go to a team with a bad QB situation, and the Bills obviously fit that definition.

He will not come to the Bills. Read the Don Banks story linked to in a couple of the other threads. He will not go to a team with a bad QB situation, and the Bills obviously fit that definition.

Dave, logic precludes Bills Fans from high expectations at this point. Sad but true. Saban has won titles sans a stellar qb, but we both know that college is different. The only thing that could possibly bring him to NY (imo) is money. I make the case that if he came here, he would get this team to the playoffs in a very short time period.

I also admit that I am dreaming.

I will rule one out. I do not think Chip Kelly gives up his good gig in Oregon to come to the NFL as an OC for anything less then a top tier team. I do not even see him wanting to go to Indy. Maybe Dallas with a lot of room, but Chuckie is going to Dallas.

Chip Kelly and "Chuckie" are coming to the NFL unless it's for a HC gig.

Ok, so Bill, we bring in Saban, at worst he fails and then which NCAA team wouldn't want to hire him? Maybe not a top SEC team or Big10/whatever they'll be... but someone will and he'll be fine. So, he could easily come to the NFL.