Bill Polian, Chris Polian, John Gruden HC and Darren Perry as DC

Lenigmusx

He rose through their front office due to nepotism, reportedly is extremely arrogant and not good to work with, is the reason he and Bill were fired this past offseason, and he's not very good at his job. Look at the Colts drafts from 2009-2011.

Seriously - I don't understand why people here have any interest in the Polians. Bill WAS great, but he's too old to have that big a job now, and his son's reputation is horrible.

i have the feeling that the polian name will rise again. ralph made a mistake letting bill go the first time, even if his sister was a B word. maybe son of battlin bill will work this time around. papa could be like a consultant or something. at least a lateral move from buddy, no? id be fine either way

You mean the biggest "FLOP" in the history of the NFL. Now I understand and look at where that franchise is today. In the playoffs. Perhaps that was also the Polian's plan i guess we will never know. The talent on that team that is in the playoffs was still assembled by the Polians and IMO reflective of their ability to assemble a successful NFL franchise.

Peyton goes out of the line-up. They blow every game, proabbly on purpose. They draft Andrew Luck and with the rest of the players, mostly acquired under Polian, they are back in the playoffs. Anyone that thinks they didn't tank on purpose believes that players don't use steroids.

i have the feeling that the polian name will rise again. ralph made a mistake letting bill go the first time, even if his sister daughter was a B word. maybe son of battlin bill will work this time around. papa could be like a consultant or something. at least a lateral move from buddy, no? id be fine either way

Lol, so your cool with a lateral move, bringing in someone who failed at his previous position (becoming a retread) just cause the Last name is Polian?

If there was a chance he would have been good, why did they get rid of both of them, safter the agreed to go along with the plan to tank the season and get Luck?

Yes, but from what I hear they want to give it another try and Bill was quite successful in Indy for quite awhile.

I have no proof of this at all but from what I've read of Chris I firmly believe the only reason both he and Bill were fired was Irsay wanted to fire Chris, but that's one of the downfalls of father/son together, you can't fire the son and keep the dad. So he had no choice but to can both.

Saying Chris was extremely arrogant (which I've heard too) is kind of funny as Bill was pretty bad to start with. It must have taken him alot of effort on that one to out do the ole man. I do think Bill in his old age has learned from his mistakes.

If Chris doesn't get a job someplace this off-season and hopefully not in Buffalo then everything that was rumored about him must be true. He's young, comes from good genes, he'd should be a great hire! or not??

What is so bad about Chris??? you must know something I don't please elborate. If he is that bad i don't want him either.

He rose through their front office due to nepotism, reportedly is extremely arrogant and not good to work with, is the reason he and Bill were fired this past offseason, and he's not very good at his job. Look at the Colts drafts from 2009-2011.