[closed]Time for Polian as New GM

box0life

Bill Polian was the GM at the heart of the Bills super bowl years. Ralph is at the end of his tenure as Bills owner. Time for Ralph to admit it was a big mistake to fire Polian. Time to make amends and bring Polian back as the new GM of the Bills so we can turn this sorry franchise around. The Nix, Gailey, Fitzpatrick experiment was a major failure. With Polian's past success, I feel he can bring a high end experienced coach back to Buffalo. Nix will not be able to bring a decent coach to Buffalo. Nobody significant is going to want this job unless there is a capable GM in place with the experience to get the Bills to the Super Bowl. Polian has proved that with the Bills and the Colts. Polian as GM and you may get a winning franchise again. I bet Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and other prominent Bills would love to bring Polian back to Buffalo. I also believe that Kelly and company want to buy the Bills from Ralph, and there is no better GM to start the Bills back to prominence than Bill Polian.

Let's stop living in the past. It would be nice to have Polian back in the fold as a consultant, or President of Football Ops or something. But he didn't exactly build a powerhouse team in Indy. He got Peyton Manning, gave him some really nice toys, and NEVER, I mean NEVER put together something even resembling an average NFL defense. Whether that was a product of having a dome team or not, I don't know. What I do know is it only netted them 2 Super Bowl appearances, whereas putting together anything better than what...the 30th ranked D likely would have made them the most dominant team in the history of the NFL.

And let's not even get into his incessant drive to give his son the keys to any franchise he's employed by. What can I say about Chris Polian.....just look at the Colts' 2010 and 2011 drafts. They may be even worse than Buddy's attempts those years.

I like bringing Polian back to Buffalo but in the role as President of Football Operations.

I would then like to see him bring in Dave Caldwell from Atlanta as his GM.

Caldwell is currently head of College scouting in Atlanta and worked with Polian in Indy in the late 90's till he left to come to Atlanta with Dimitrof.

Caldwell is from the Buffalo area. He has watched two Franchise turn around from losers to perenial playoff teams.

yes in both cases a QB helped do that. Ryan was not picked number one overall but chosen number 3.

Dave and Polian have worked together before. Both guys have extensive and proven knowledge of picking the right QB to lead a franchise. To me if the Bills get the right QB in the next draft, things get a lot better real quick.

I like bringing Polian back to Buffalo but in the role as President of Football Operations.

I would then like to see him bring in Dave Caldwell from Atlanta as his GM.

Caldwell is currently head of College scouting in Atlanta and worked with Polian in Indy in the late 90's till he left to come to Atlanta with Dimitrof.

Caldwell is from the Buffalo area. He has watched two Franchise turn around from losers to perenial playoff teams.

yes in both cases a QB helped do that. Ryan was not picked number one overall but chosen number 3.

Dave and Polian have worked together before. Both guys have extensive and proven knowledge of picking the right QB to lead a franchise. To me if the Bills get the right QB in the next draft, things get a lot better real quick.

where can we sign up for this?

Polian & son heading to KC I think.

To be honest I have to question Bill and son as top talent evaluators looking at the last few drafts at Indy under them. My take is that John Butler who was Bills director of player personnel, and then Bills GM until RW fired him was the man behind all that talent in Buffalo. I also think he was the one responsible for all that talent in SD as AJ Smith and Buddy Nix both look like tools now.

I'd rather see someone like Atlanta Falcon GM Thomas Dimitroff be named Buffalo Bills president of football operations and let him hire the next GM / HC.

I have been living for the future for 20 years and it has been failure after failure. Time to reach back into the past with Bill Polian as GM. I am not opposed to him as President of Football Operations, but I don't see Ralph making that move. He likes Brandon.

Polian & son heading to KC I think.

To be honest I have to question Bill and son as top talent evaluators looking at the last few drafts at Indy under them. My take is that John Butler who was Bills director of player personnel, and then Bills GM until RW fired him was the man behind all that talent in Buffalo. I also think he was the one responsible for all that talent in SD as AJ Smith and Buddy Nix both look like tools now.

I'd rather see someone like Atlanta Falcon GM Thomas Dimitroff be named Buffalo Bills president of football operations and let him hire the next GM / HC.

Why on Earth would Dimitroff leave his current position for that?

As for Bill Polian, I'd expect any organization that considers hiring him will ensure that Chris Polian has no involvement with the organization.

If you really think about, the Bills have sucked or been average ever since he was fired. What a huge mistake that was and the number 1 reason this franchise has sucked for so many years. Ralph really screwed the fans with that move.

Yep, and the sad thing is, Polian will never be back as long as Ralph is around. Ralph doesn't even remember why he fired Polian or what he didn't like about him, he just knows he doesn't like him.