The Blame Game

section122

The idea of an outright ban is a moronic one. See the "war on drugs" for an example. What needs to happen is more education about guns and as many have mentioned sensible gun laws. There are 2 main reasons to carry a gun to me hunting or protection. Neither of these situations should require military grade weaponry. Simple pistols for protection and rifles/shotguns for hunting. Even semi automatic seems unnecessary to me.

whether or not people think certain types of firearms are or are not necessary isn't the point. like it or not, there is a constitutional guarantee of private gun ownership:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be INFRINGED.

note the caps. the word 'infringed' refers to action by the federal government. they can not contstitutionally pass any laws that restricts gun ownership of the general public, especially when our own military has the devastating weaponry that it does.

personally, I see no real need for most people to own automatic or semi-automatic weapons, but that is just my own opinion. I have no right to try to superimpose my own beliefs over the rest of society. nobody should want any part of the bill of rights tinkered with for any reason whatsoever.

LOL- its pathetic, I know. I have still not installed the door clubs on our doors, but we did have our basement windows replaced with laminated glass..... I am in the process of doing a built-in for a safe in our hall closet that will house the safe for our gun, valuables, etc.

I mean, its only been 7 months,,, geeezzzz....

Mostly I want it for my wife, she is gong with me to pick it our.... do they make pink pistols??

Of course they do. NSFW, NSFW, NSFW - oh, and did I say it's NSFW?

Here's more thumbnails including the above from the google search to find the above.

Something that really gets me is when people talk about needing guns to protect themselves from a tyrannical government. People need to defend themselves, when confronted or if their house gets broken into- that is real. But if you are confronted by a SWAT team or the military, and you think pulling out a gun in going to help you..........Then you are a loooooooneeeeeeey!

Something that really gets me is when people talk about needing guns to protect themselves from a tyrannical government. People need to defend themselves, when confronted or if their house gets broken into- that is real. But if you are confronted by a SWAT team or the military, and you think pulling out a gun in going to help you..........Then you are a loooooooneeeeeeey!

The purpose in that instance is not to win, but rather to make storming a property a less attractive idea, and to remove one or two people willing to act on behalf of tyranny from the world such that they will no longer have the opportunity to abuse others.

The purpose in that instance is not to win, but rather to make storming a property a less attractive idea, and to remove one or two people willing to act on behalf of tyranny from the world such that they will no longer have the opportunity to abuse others.

If it is to ward off another person, that works perfectly. If it is to ward off a government sanctioned attack, it would hold up a few minutes.

If it is to ward off another person, that works perfectly. If it is to ward off a government sanctioned attack, it would hold up a few minutes.

Like I said, that's an unwinable battle. The goal wouldn't be to win. The goal in that instance is to kill as many tyrants as possible before you die yourself.

Like I said, that's an unwinable battle. The goal wouldn't be to win. The goal in that instance is to kill as many tyrants as possible before you die yourself.

Um, I thought the best goal would be to find a way to stay alive.

I can argue against another man's internal value structure, and neither can you.

I assume you meant can't argue. Point taken in that case.

Have a Merry Christmas, TYTT and the rest of the wall that celebrates it. Happy Holidays to everyone else!

I assume you meant can't argue. Point taken in that case.

Have a Merry Christmas, TYTT and the rest of the wall that celebrates it. Happy Holidays to everyone else!

Yes, Merry Christmas you all. Adam, Happy Holidays. Frenkle, you're on your own.