2nd largest pension fund pressures managers to sell arms investments

Its a private company. You can't buy the shares, dodo bird. Proving the inverse relationship between IQ and gun attachment.

Skimmed your article. Where exactly in it does it say it's a privately owned company?

But anyways, so it's a privately owned company. Somebody else will purchase whatever stake/shares they sell

So the inverse relationship between IQ and gun attachment. Care to guess how many guns I own?

Skimmed your article. Where exactly in it does it say it's a privately owned company?

But anyways, so it's a privately owned company. Somebody else will purchase whatever stake/shares they sell

So the inverse relationship between IQ and gun attachment. Care to guess how many guns I own?

None I hope. Now now, not ever. Id gladly concede a poor word choice if it means you don't have guns. Cuz man you're an idiot.

Great news!

"Cerberus Capital Management said on Tuesday it was preparing to sell off its investment in gunmaker Freedom Group following mounting pressure from California's teachers' pension funds."

http://m.guardian.co...us-sells-stakes

Does it strike anyone as odd that the teachers union is getting all high and mighty about this investment after the fact? If they felt so strongly why would they have made the investment in the first place?

Edited by OGTEleven

Does it strike anyone as odd that the teachers union is getting all high and mighty about this investment after the fact? If they felt so strongly why would they have made the investment in the first place?

Shhhhh!

You're ruining it for Joey.

He's having dreams of all those bad old gun makers going out of business.......

None I hope. Now now, not ever. Id gladly concede a poor word choice if it means you don't have guns. Cuz man you're an idiot.

Pot meet kettle

Out of curiousity, ever take an IQ test? Granted it's been a long time since I took one and don't remember the score (I was in high school and didn't really care). But if I could ever dig up the results, I'd be willing to whip it out and compare to anyone because I remember being pressured to join MENSA. But like I said, I was in high school and didn't really care

I remember being pressured to join MENSA. But like I said, I was in high school and didn't really care

Good thing you didn't. Joining that group of social retards during your formative years would have crippled you for life. You'd be even worse off than you already are, nerd. :nana:

Oops.

Gun Maker's Stock Soars More Than 700% Since Obama's Inauguration in 2009

Since President Barack Obama took the oath of office on January 20, 2009, the share price of firearms manufacturer Sturm, Ruger & Company has increased more than 700 percent.

At the close of business on the day of Obama's inauguration, the price of Ruger stock (Ticker: RGR) was $5.48 per share. At the end of the trading day on December 17, 2012, the price of the stock closed at $44.00 per share; an increase of 703 percent in less than four years.

But, Ruger isn't the only gun manufacturer that has seen an explosion in its stock value. Smith & Wesson shares (Ticker: SWHC) have increased 253 percent since Obama moved into the White House.

The price of SWHC was $2.45 per share when Obama was sworn in; it closed at $8.65 per share today, December 17, 2012.

When measuring the performance of Ruger's shares to that of the S&P 500, a stock market index based on the share prices of 500 publicly traded companies, the gains made by the firearms manufacturer are astounding.

The S&P 500 Index closed at 805.22 on the day Barack Obama took office. Today, the Index closed at 1,430.36; an increase of 78 percent.

This means that the price of Ruger stock increased more than 9X that of the broader market index.

Sturm, Ruger & Company trades on the New York Stock Exchange and Smith & Wesson trades on the NASDAQ Index.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/gun-makers-stock-soars-more-700-obamas-inauguration-2009

Of course this is easy to understand for our local leftists,

rather than try to understand why, they just fall back on their simplistic narratives................all those stupid, racist, neanderthals are buying guns

It wouldn't occur to them that average Americans (of all races.....because thats what liberals concentrate on) want some guns to protect themselves, and don't look for the government to do it.

Just bored. I even replied to EiI today which is a sure sign I have absolutely nothing of any importance to do.

BS. I must be hitting a nerve... :-P

If my posts didn't stick in your craw, you wouldn't respond. You know I am right. You are scared to actually have to think for once in your life, so you respond like you have nothing better to do, even tossing around board members names in unrelated threads just to bust on them because of your own insecurity.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

BS. I must be hitting a nerve... :-P

If my posts didn't stick in your craw, you wouldn't respond. You know I am right. You are scared to actually have to think for once in your life, so you respond like you have nothing better to do, even tossing around board members names in unrelated threads just to bust on them because of your own insecurity.

You think far to much of yourself.

You think far to much of yourself.

No. Quite untrue. Unlike yourself, I don't feel the need to go around slamming other people in unrelated threads in order to feel more secure and bigger than what we really are.

What is that bothers you about me, that you feel the need to bad talk me? Why are you so insecure?