USC vs. OK

No matter what happens, it should be a split title. Auburn deserved to be in this game as much as these two did.

They need a playoff system.

193444[/snapback]

Not with that cupcake schedule they played.

gobilz Posted Today, 09:36 PM

QUOTE(MarkVaderr50 @ Jan 4 2005, 09:30 PM)

No matter what happens, it should be a split title. Auburn deserved to be in this game as much as these two did.

Cupcake? They played ranked opponents. LSU, Georgia, & Tennessee you consider to be cupcakes?

They played all right against Va. Tech last night.  But SC is playing at a higher level and they are showing it tonight against OU.

No split.  No debate.

193457[/snapback]

I think as long as they don't get a shot at one another, there is debate.

The B is BCS continues to stand for bull sh--.

193444[/snapback]

How about Utah? Wouldn't Utah vs. Auburn been a good game? College football is a joke in my opinion.

PTR

PromoTheRobot Posted Today, 09:49 PM

QUOTE(MarkVaderr50 @ Jan 4 2005, 09:30 PM)

How about Utah? Wouldn't Utah vs. Auburn been a good game? College football is a joke in my opinion.

PTR

Valid point Promo. Why not Utah. They played great, and deserved a shot too.

Valid point Promo. Why not Utah. They played great, and deserved a shot too.

193471[/snapback]

Utah-Auburn? That would have been a nice matchup. Certainly woulda been more of a test for the Utes that Pitt gave them in Tempe.

It will be interesting to see where the two QBs--AU's Jason Campbell and Utah's Alex Smith--wind up in the draft.

193448[/snapback]

HUH? The SEC is far and away the best conference in college football. Auburn would of showed up for this game at least, not phone it in like Oklahoma has done the past two years

Holy sh--, did some people just say that Utah deserved to be in the National Championship game?

No freaking way. Until Utah proves they can beat someone halfway decent (see: someone better then Pittsburgh, who was the best team they played all year) they don't deserve sh--.

HUH?  The SEC is far and away the best conference in college football.  Auburn would of showed up for this game at least, not phone it in like Oklahoma has done the past two years

193537[/snapback]

Far and away the best conference in college football? You have to be kidding me.

They are up there, probably #1, but "far and away"? Not even close to the correct answer.

Lets look at the big 12: You've got Texas who beat Michigan, Texas Tech who beat #4 Cal in their bowl, and Oklahoma playing (albeit poorly) in the national championship game.

Oklahoma and Auburn would have been a good matchup. USC is way too much for any other team in college football this year.

Face it, Auburn *barely* beat Va Tech and weren't even that impressive. Now they are whining about not being considered for the national title.

Georgia is decent, but no where near Texas.

Tech and Tennessee are probably about even.

The only reason why I think that the SEC is a SLIGHTLY bit better then the Big 12 is LSU, they are obviously better than Texas A&M. Other then that, the rest of the SEC sucks and so does the Big 12.

Oh, and how about all those people who were whining about Mack Brown's "whining"? I have two comments for you guys (you know who you are):

1.) Why the !@#$ aren't you hypocrites bitching about Tommy Tuberville going TO THE ORANGE BOWL TO ARGUE FOR THE NATIONAL TITLE?

2.) We beat Michigan. Cal lost to TEXAS TECH. Let me say that again for you idiots that didn't catch that. TEXAS TECH.

Thanks.

Far and away the best conference in college football?  You have to be kidding me.

<Insipid homer-type rant deleted>

193547[/snapback]

Typical post. It's no wonder pundits in this country make so much money for spouting drivel. People actually listen to it.

The whole argument of "so and so is better than my left nut" is TOTALLY IRRELEVANT. What matters is what happens on the field when two teams play. If the teams don't play, you know absolutely nothing. No matter how much you yap about it and how many times you keep repeating the same argument.

Cal played USC tough in their backyard, losing 23-17 in a game that went down to the last play. Cal's only loss was therefore to the team that just beat the Big 12 champion 55-19 and won the national championship. The same team that just lost 55-19 shut out your precious Longhorns this year, 12-0 IN THEIR OWN BACKYARD!

I'm not saying Texas sucks...nor am I saying Cal would beat Texas by the virtue of the transitive property...or that Utah would beat Texas. I'm saying that you can yap all you want about who's better than who...so-and-so played a "weak" schedule...yadda yadda yadda. The bottom line is that it should be settled on the field. Until it is, all arguments are like yours...a bunch of hot air.

Far and away the best conference in college football?  You have to be kidding me.

They are up there, probably #1, but "far and away"?  Not even close to the correct answer.

Lets look at the big 12:  You've got Texas who beat Michigan, Texas Tech who beat #4 Cal in their bowl, and Oklahoma playing (albeit poorly) in the national championship game.

Oklahoma and Auburn would have been a good matchup.  USC is way too much for any other team in college football this year.

Face it, Auburn *barely* beat Va Tech and weren't even that impressive.  Now they are whining about not being considered for the national title. 

Georgia is decent, but no where near Texas.

Tech and Tennessee are probably about even.

The only reason why I think that the SEC is a SLIGHTLY bit better then the Big 12 is LSU, they are obviously better than Texas A&M.  Other then that, the rest of the SEC sucks and so does the Big 12.

Oh, and how about all those people who were whining about Mack Brown's "whining"?  I have two comments for you guys (you know who you are):

1.) Why the !@#$ aren't you hypocrites bitching about Tommy Tuberville going TO THE ORANGE BOWL TO ARGUE FOR THE NATIONAL TITLE?

2.)  We beat Michigan.  Cal lost to TEXAS TECH.   Let me say that again for you idiots that didn't catch that.  TEXAS TECH.

Thanks.

193547[/snapback]

When a Big 12 homer admits the SEC is the best conference, then it is "far and away".

In addition to Oklahoma getting spanked and Cal not giving 2 craps about their Bowl Game; you conveniently forgot to mention how Oklahoma St. & Texas A&M did in their bowl games.

As for Auburn "barely" beating Va Tech, try watching the game instead of reading the box score in the paper. Va Tech gave USC just as good a game earlier this year as they gave Auburn the other night.