What 7 Positions Will Be Drafted in 2013?

Astrobot

I'm not so interested in names yet, but it might be time to discuss the 7 positions that might be drafted in 2013. Here's my attempt, in no significant order yet:

OC-An injured Wood 3 out of 4 years doesn't bode well.

CB-Likely taken early to replace McGee, possibly supplant McKelvin/Williams/Rodgers.

WR-The tall option Nix talks about

QB-Nix isn't mincing words. This will be a franchise guy.

LB-Barnett isn't sideline to sideline fast, misses tackles. Likely early pick.

TE-An injured Chandler/inept receiver Smith showed need for well-rounded big man

QB/LB-For depth. I don't like OLB's late in this draft, so it's likely a developmental QB late to compete for QB#3.

What positions interest you in the draft?

We shouldn't forget about safety, they were looking for a 4th safety at the start of the year but they never really emerged. Now Wilson is another year older and not making the game changing plays he used to, and there's the possibility that Byrd is not here next year. So even if Williams moves to safety, we need to get someone else back there to strengthen, whether it's a FA or R.

But remember, I think we only have 6 picks this year, no 7th rounder because of the Tavaris Jackson trade. I can almost guarantee we will get no compensatory picks since we added more (Williams, Anderson) than we subtracted (Bell, Parrish)

They gave up a draft pick to Seattle for QB Jackson......you know the guy in civilian clothes holding the clip board on the sidelines.The question should be what six positions will be drafted!!!!!

In order of priority...QB, OLB, WR, SS, CB, C

If the Bills were to draft just by need....I would like to see it go something like this...

1. Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas (Geno's gone, and IMO he's the next best thing).

2. Chase Thomas OLB Stanford (Would help to solidify the LB corps for years...built in the mold of Clay Matthews).

3. Cordarelle Patterson WR Tennessee (Great size, speed, playmaking ability).

4. Josh Evans SS Florida (Solid all-around safety...good in both run a pass defense).

5. Tyrann Mathieu FS/CB LSU (Many draft "pundits" have him falling to round 4-6 due to character issues....why not take a chance if he does?).

6. Jonotthan Harrison C Florida (Held up well against quality competition, good size, has played both guard and center).

In order of priority...QB, OLB, WR, SS, CB, C

If the Bills were to draft just by need....I would like to see it go something like this...

1. Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas (Geno's gone, and IMO he's the next best thing).

2. Chase Thomas OLB Stanford (Would help to solidify the LB corps for years...built in the mold of Clay Matthews).

3. Cordarelle Patterson WR Tennessee (Great size, speed, playmaking ability).

4. Josh Evans SS Florida (Solid all-around safety...good in both run a pass defense).

5. Tyrann Mathieu FS/CB LSU (Many draft "pundits" have him falling to round 4-6 due to character issues....why not take a chance if he does?).

6. Jonotthan Harrison C Florida (Held up well against quality competition, good size, has played both guard and center).

I like this but is switch lb to rd 1 and get a QB like Nassib round 2. I would like an rb or second lb, but with 6 draft picks its tough to get it all.

I like this but is switch lb to rd 1 and get a QB like Nassib round 2. I would like an rb or second lb, but with 6 draft picks its tough to get it all.

I like Nassib, and wouldn't be opposed to going LB in round one. However, I don't see any LB's (including Manti Te'O) that would worth drafting in the top 10. If we win another game, however, and are picking in the middle of the round, I would be happy with CJ Mosley (who I think would be a great OLB for us) and then Nassib in the 2nd.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

How are people ignoring DE? We have no one consistent, outside of Mario, at the position. I would love a guy like Bjoern Werner, or Sheldon Richardson, who can play DE in rushing situations and DT in passing situations. We'd have a great three-man rotation with Richardson.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.